• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jamie Cureton

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
I actually think he would be a very good signing at 34 he still could offer alot.
He is mobile and a good finisher and there are some older players than him still playing up front in leagues 1 and 2.
Paul Furlong at Barnet is 41 for christ's sake and played 38 games last season!!
lee hughes had a good season and hes 34

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
... as I would assume he'd be looking for a fair wedge.

If no other clubs show any interest surely it's a case of Beggers can't be choosers.

Norwich Fan In Peace. (all though watch Exeter home games from time to time)

i think Jamie will be a very good signing for Exeter. At norwich he was frozen out by Lambert and did not get a chance.

At Shrewbury it was clear that he was carrying an injury.

This could be his chance to prove that he is not a 'washed up' striker.
i'll admit it that at times he may look lazy, but he is a fox in the box type striker more than a stanno workhorse type.

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
I would trust Tis' judgment on this .
You would trust the guy who spunked his load on Deadwood, and Stewart, and Macca. and Corr, the man knows feck all about goal scorers.....FACT!

Pete Martin (CTID)

I actually think he would be a very good signing at 34 he still could offer alot.
He is mobile and a good finisher and there are some older players than him still playing up front in leagues 1 and 2.
Paul Furlong at Barnet is 41 for christ's sake and played 38 games last season!!
You can't generalise.

Neil Harris at Millwall is only 12 months younger than Cureton and he's still knocking 'em in.

Paul Scholes is 36 in November, Ryan Giggs is 37 the same month.

Teddy Sheringham was 42 when he packed it in.

Oli

Like jr1871 I watching him quite a bit at Reading and he is without doubt a goalscorer. However like others I fear about his appetite and ability now. Guess that is why we would run a trial.

2-3 years ago I would have bitten your hand off.

Cowshed Life

You would trust the guy who spunked his load on Deadwood, and Stewart, and Macca. and Corr, the man knows feck all about goal scorers.....FACT!
Oh my oh my...

Stewart - was never brought in as a goal scorer

Macca - Did a job in the Conf and League 2

Corr - Showed signs at times that he was a decent player, just temper problems

Fleetwood - Was excellent for us in those games in League 2 and has not become a bad player over night. Just didn't fit into the game plan last season.

Any chance, just a small chance of you not being negative for once???

Grecian2K

Strikes me as possibly being more of a "Devine" than a "Fleetwood"? .... proven scorer at a higher level who (despite) injury problems still did a decent job with us (excepting that f*cking miss in front of the BB agains ManUre :$ ).

Of course, as Joey always delighted in reminding us, Devine "did not come cheap"....but, then again, what good players (esp strikers) do??

Probably, neither will Cureton...but according to this Press Association* quote
http://www.exetercity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/cureton_eyeing_grecians_deal_536787/index.shtml
it does sound like the lad is still keen/desperate enough to impress. If the club can broker a deal with, perhaps, a sensible "squad" salary but with a f*ck-off-good goal bonus the ball would be totally in his court to produce the goods - seems a win/win situation to me...
....and a LEAGUE ONE front-line of Nardiello/Cureton, supplied by an "engine room" of (say) Harley, Noble, Sercs/Dunne/Thomson does have an impressive look to it...surely one that even the most rose-tinted ExeWebber could only have dreamt of even a couple of years back.

So a (cautious and qualified) YAY from me (if it comes off)

Last edited:

grecIAN Harris

One of those who, at his age, I would reserve judgement over until I see him. Historically he has always known where the net is but as others have pointed out he hasn't scoerd too many recently. Old age or lack of games equalling lack of form. Let's face it, he was going to have to pull up trees if he was going to dislodge any of Naarwich's strikeforce last season.

Poultice

Oh my oh my...

Stewart - was never brought in as a goal scorer

Macca - Did a job in the Conf and League 2

Corr - Showed signs at times that he was a decent player, just temper problems

Fleetwood - Was excellent for us in those games in League 2 and has not become a bad player over night. Just didn't fit into the game plan last season.

Any chance, just a small chance of you not being negative for once???
Recognising your limitations would be a good positive first step for Tis.

Re Stewart, well that was lucky then.

Re Macca, like no goals in three seasons?

Re Corr, some players need to managed properly.

Re Deadwood, you are avin a tin bath, he contributed next to nothing in getting us up and even less toward keeping us there.

Reality ain't negative, it's real.

Last edited: