• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jamie Cureton or John O'Flynn?

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
O'Flynn is a very decent striker at this level if used correctly (bit like Corr). We haven't used him to his best strengths and asked him to a lot of donkey work whichto be fair he does do.

Curo was an out and out finisher, he was just pretty poor at one-on-ones when he had to think about the finish more.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
O'Flynn is a very decent striker at this level if used correctly
What? As a penalty taker??

I think Tisdale should sign me, I can take a decent pen.

Grecian_Jay

What? As a penalty taker??

I think Tisdale should sign me, I can take a decent pen.

When you have scored 50+ goals in this league come back to me.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Offline has only just reached 50 goals in L1 / L2 and taken 5 years to get there but I take your point...

Grecian_Jay

Offline has only just reached 50 goals in L1 / L2 and taken 5 years to get there but I take your point...
So he does have 50 goals in League 2 or higher then.

Sorry Anon, you're dropped already.

grecianfaniow

offline is offline too much and missed too many sitters for my liking, i say get rid bring back curo any day. Biggest mistake not making sure he stayed IMO

Grecian_Jay

offline is offline too much and missed too many sitters for my liking, i say get rid bring back curo any day. Biggest mistake not making sure he stayed IMO
I'm not comparing one to the other in terms of who was/is better as Curo's scored far more more than O'Flynn and for me goals are evrything, however I should point out that Curo missed far more "sitters" than O'Flynn.

FAN-TATIC

I'm not comparing one to the other in terms of who was/is better as Curo's scored far more more than O'Flynn and for me goals are evrything, however I should point out that Curo missed far more "sitters" than O'Flynn.
Law of averages inn'it Jay.

Grecian_Jay

Law of averages inn'it Jay.
Exactly Fanny, which is why I didn't have a problem with Curo missing the amount of chances he did. I would rather a striker get in the box and miss 9 chances but score 1, rather than not getting there at all.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I know this has been discussed before, but Cureton said (words to the effect that) he doesn't worry about people saying he's missed a sitter because that shows he's getting into the position to miss them. His goals per game ratio is still one of the best in the lower leagues.

[Jay beat me to it]

Last edited: