• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jamie Cureton loan enquiry made?

Cravat

With those last stats he would fit in to our team perfectly.

What I was saying is when I question Marcus Stewart's contribution to the team by saying he only has 1 goal and 1 assist etc, people are quick to turn around and say "But he does so much more than that, stats lie etc", So I just find it hypocritical when those same people come in and contradict themselves with a similar point about a different player.
It's a fair point, and it depends where Cureton is playing.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Interesting thread when you read back through it. I had mixed feelings but he has certainly done himself justice so far. Will he burn out by Xmas though?

grecIAN Harris

And some of you have a go at me about Mackie. Cureton has been there, done that and more than justified himself at the level that Mackie aspires to do and is still doing the job he was put in he team to do for us............ be a match winner by scoring goals be it by starting or from the bench.
Jay, I don't think he'll burn out by Christmas. He might play two or three on the bounce but will then be on the bench for a couple. I'm not a great fan of rotting strikers but, so long as he is looked after propely, Cureton will stay as sharp as a tack for us all season in this way.

Essex Red

And some of you have a go at me about Mackie. Cureton has been there, done that and more than justified himself at the level that Mackie aspires to do and is still doing the job he was put in he team to do for us............ be a match winner by scoring goals be it by starting or from the bench.
Jay, I don't think he'll burn out by Christmas. He might play two or three on the bounce but will then be on the bench for a couple. I'm not a great fan of rotting strikers but, so long as he is looked after propely, Cureton will stay as sharp as a tack for us all season in this way.

Is that "rotting" or "rotating"? Made me smile .....

PeteUSA

Any chance of getting a defender anytime soon who can help stop the goals flooding in at the wrong end?!?!
Billy Turley

Grecian_Jay

You reckon he can handle 2 x 90mins a week because at the moment that's what he is being asked to do. I know he is only playing this much because Nardy and O Flynn are out but with their injury problems then Cureton might have to keep going.

I just worry because he is non-stop for the whole time he on the pitch, hence why I think we should give him a rest on Tuesday.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
So, Cureton has started 4 games for Shrewsbury. The team have scored twice and Cureton has not scored.

So is he actually good enough for league 1?

The question is aimed at Credy and Wemissmoxey :)
yes he is mate , like i told you ages ago.

grecIAN Harris

Is that "rotting" or "rotating"? Made me smile .....
My bad. :$

grecIAN Harris

You reckon he can handle 2 x 90mins a week because at the moment that's what he is being asked to do. I know he is only playing this much because Nardy and O Flynn are out but with their injury problems then Cureton might have to keep going.

I just worry because he is non-stop for the whole time he on the pitch, hence why I think we should give him a rest on Tuesday.
Read the rest of the sentence and I gave you an answer to that.

Grecian_Jay

Read the rest of the sentence and I gave you an answer to that.
Indeed you did but as I pointed out I dson't think he will get to sit on the bench for 2 games at a time etc. I think he will be used mroe than Tis would like to, therefore he will run out of steam.