• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jamie Cureton loan enquiry made?

ecfc2000

Any chance of getting a defender anytime soon who can help stop the goals flooding in at the wrong end?!?!

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Any chance of getting a defender anytime soon who can help stop the goals flooding in at the wrong end?!?!
Not a chance.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
L1 was always going to be like this, there are some class attacking players in this league who would quite easily cut it in the higher echelons of the CCC.
We were never going to have an easy time of it at the back.

One of my friends has been a Wycombe fan for many years and he thought that this season the division is much harder than any other instance of the division in the last 15 years.

Poultice

I know nothing about Libel laws, but I am not going to go into any more detail to be on the safe side. I can't remember who told me the story, but I think it was a Gashead. Of course, that doesn't make it true.
Dodgy ground then.

You were fine to repeat what somebody told you as long as you could identify them, should you be unable then any court would firstly hold you in contempt, and then, assuming the allegation was untrue, allow the petition. Should it be true then there would be no case to answer, should your source, once identified, deny having told you then the case would get more interesting and any further obversations on my part would be pure conjecture.

Here to play the Perry Mason.

Poultice

there are some class attacking players in this league who would quite easily cut it in the higher echelons of the CCC.
Oh really ? Care to share ?

I'll give you Beckford and Lambert, in spite of neither of them being proven above their current level.

It was my impression that rather than being torn apart by quality we were bellying up to dumb ass defensive mistakes.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It was my impression that rather than being torn apart by quality we were bellying up to dumb ass defensive mistakes.
Yep. Been waiting for someone to use the word naive (about some of our playing/players) this week, and surprised it hasn't been.

Poultice

Yep. Been waiting for someone to use the word naive (about some of our playing/players) this week, and surprised it hasn't been.
Naivety implies both a lack of knowledge and judgement, I think our players are fully aware of what needs doing, I would though accept that the decision making leaves a lot to be desired

logman

I know nothing about Libel laws, but I am not going to go into any more detail to be on the safe side. I can't remember who told me the story, but I think it was a Gashead. Of course, that doesn't make it true.
The only reason Jamie left Rovers was for more money. He wanted to go back there after leaving Swindon and the board approved of it but Paul Trollope didn't want him. If that doesn't prove that nothing untoward did happen then sorry I can't help.

What I did discover though was that somebody put two and two together and made five and that is how Jamie got wrongly accused of improper conduct. It did however divert the truth and the person who allowed that to happen should be ashamed of himself as Jamie endured some scandalous remarks.

logman

The unfortunate thing about the libel law is that it is the accused who has to prove it to be true and not for the person bringing the case to prove otherwise which is the direct opposite to other criminal acts where it is the prosecutions job to prove guilt.

The other thing is that it is bloody expensive and that is why the rich use the libel laws to shut people up. This certainly applies to more than one football club chairman.

Poultice

The unfortunate thing about the libel law is that it is the accused who has to prove it to be true .
I guess that is quite a good thing if somebody is telling lies about you.