• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

James Hamon on Five Live

flack attack

For me it was interesting to hear that Hamon, Cummins and Ribeiro share a house. When I suggested that this could be how City accomodate loan players by 'shacking up' with a team mate to keep costs down, it was questioned by one or two posters. It seems that I may not have been far off the mark with my thinking.
No idea if it's still the same place, but I remember back in the day City players used to live in the house by the mini-roundabout where Pennsylvania Road becomes Longbrooke St.

There have been occasions when City have asked fans if they have spare capacity to accomodate a player for a short period.

None of them are loan players. They all joined/became professional at the same time so why not share a house? Makes economical sense, they aren't millionaires.
I am fully aware that none of them are loan players. However, it is still economical sense to temporarily accomodate loan players by arranging for them to 'share' a property with a teammate, does it not?

GrecianWonder

I am fully aware that none of them are loan players. However, it is still economical sense to temporarily accomodate loan players by arranging for them to 'share' a property with a teammate, does it not?
Of course but not in this case!

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
It was questioned because it is speculation Roy. I am not saying it doesn't happen but I think all kinds of factors will decide where loan players as well as contracted players will live such as there family situation and length of time with the club. I can fully see the sense in some situations with players sharing a place, was just making the point that if a player is on loan with us it's quite possible that there will be a cost to the club in both wages and accommodation.

iscalad

Tom Nichols, Jimmy Keohane and Jacob Jagger-Crane all share a house. It's what people do at that age.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tom Nichols, Jimmy Keohane and Jacob Jagger-Crane all share a house. It's what people do at that age.
Mmm, Wheeler did with them as well last season. Topsham with his missus now I believe.

Avening Posse

Great interview that !, sort of a mix of the Young Ones meets the Olympic Village !, not sure about them to alluding to bevvy on Xmas day but they can get completely hammered on Boxing Day if they do the business against Cheltenham :)

flakey pasty

Great interview that !, sort of a mix of the Young Ones meets the Olympic Village !, not sure about them to alluding to bevvy on Xmas day but they can get completely hammered on Boxing Day if they do the business against Cheltenham :)
Yeah, I enjoyed it too, AP. Seem like genuinely nice blokes.
See you @ Wombles mate.

Avening Posse

Yeah, I enjoyed it too, AP. Seem like genuinely nice blokes.
See you @ Wombles mate.
Hopefully Flakey, still trying to sort my "pass" for that one !