• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

James Dunne IS Nails

Cider

I agree with that ******** bloke, Dunne and Sercombe should be first names on the team sheet at the moment. Noble needs to earn his place.

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
If you didn't know better you would look at James Dunne and think he was Exeter born and bred, such is the desire and fight he shows for the cause

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
I have said previously, and remain convinced that James Dunne is City's best player.

zyderman

ooooohhhhhhhhhh sh*tarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr aaaarrrrrrrrr
good attitude and good player. i like that you can see that he has benefitted from an arsenal education, plenty of moments of high technique and skill, like goal vs swindon last year.

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Pete, you're obviously new to Exeter's situation, so maybe I can enlighten things a bit for you.

In 2003 our club nearly died with millions of £s of debts and 2 criminals running the club. Thankfully they were kicked out (1 even went to jail) and we embarked on a rebuilding journey that we are still on today.

Money is tight, and must be spent sensibly, so the powers that be have a tricky task balancing what can be spent on players and what needs to be spent on the infrastructure that has been neglected for decades. For instance, we've just relaid the pitch at a cost of £150k which, if we the owners don't stump up for, will come out of the playing budget.

But, having said that, a manager was appointed a few years ago who totally understands the restraints he has to work under. He looks long and hard at getting good value players. Players that have maybe been injured, or maybe who've had a bad run in the game. It doesn't always work, just search this very site for threads on Barry Corr, but quite often it does as Ryan Harley proves.

Noble is such a player, a very bad injury could have ended his career, but Tis has taken a chance on him, and no doubt gotten him at good value for our club. He hasn't played much football in over a year, and we're only 5 games into this new season so I think its fair to offer him a chance to impress. Many people was lyrical over Ryan Harley, but he was sh*t when he first arrived here! Patience was the key, and Ryan is now an asset to our club.

I hope that helps explain why we don't just splash the cash and sign expensive players that can hit the ground running.
Well that is the suck ass total b*ll*cks category taken care of for another year then.