• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

I've finished university!

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Exactly how long do you have to be out of University before you start hating students?

I would really like to know if Snakebite or the Upstart have felt the urge to hit someone wearing a rugby shirt (with the collar turned up) yet...

Best wishes to both in the 'real world'.

Forever7

Exactly how long do you have to be out of University before you start hating students?
Probably by the time the new Freshers have arrived in September and the jealousy kicks in ;) :D

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
EX4

I went to Plymouth Poly. It's as working class as higher education can be. Barely a rugby top in sight, they're all "surf dudes" and plastic hippies.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
EX4

I went to Plymouth Poly. It's as working class as higher education can be. Barely a rugby top in sight, they're all "surf dudes" and plastic hippies.
I bet you hate them anyway!

Wheres Tully?

Ok Snakebite. In that case I shall take over for the 'students' As I'm hopefully off to uni in October. So yeah If anyone fancies some of those types of spats feel free to inbox me and we can arrange our conflicting views on formations, who to sign and possibly even the ability of Rob Edwards in a four man attack. To be unleashed on WOWS.

angelic upstart

I bet you hate them anyway!
Hate is a strong word. Mainly it's pity. Then again, I feel the same about most people. I pity most people. The one's that have had the misfortune of meeting me in particular.

EX4

I went to Plymouth Poly. .
:D :D

A lot of people laugh at me for going to an ex poly technic but I never get the chance to laugh at someone who goes to a really bad ex polytechnic. And here is my chance

:D :D

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
I didn't go to Uni cos I got bored with much of school at around 12 so went and got a job plus started writing The Exe Directory at 16.

I honestly had no idea - really, truly, no idea - that it was in any way sociable. I just imagined it being like school, but really really hard.

It was only when my mates started going at 18 that I heard tales of drink, gigs, long long holidays and girls way out of their league who, due to that whole carefree social whirl, suddenly became attainable.

I try not to think too much about what I missed out on, but driving through Exeter Uni on a sunny fresher clubs and societies recruitment day was a bitter-sweet experience from which I will never recover.

Anyway, well done to those who've finished and good luck to those just starting (remember to be nice to your folks, who, whatever they say, are going to weep in your empty bedroom for days after you've gone).

Antony Moxey

I pity most people.
I pity the poor saps who waste three (or more) years at university getting a degree that no-one's interested in and then ending up in a job that they could have got three years ago.

Qualifications? Perfect - experience? Ah, none, tea boy for you for five years then. Just think, in those three years you could have earned around £35k or more, instead you saddled yourselves with £30k+ of debt.

Well done, you got your degree and are £60-£80k worse off than the spud who went and got a job instead - you'll be gone 40 before you've made up the difference in salaries.

Well done.

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's a strange thing though that even when you have experience, some employers still ask for a degree. I got my current job because of my last two jobs, but they still wanted - as a strict requirement - to see proof of the MA wot I dun as a mature (hmm) student (hmm).