• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

is neil saunders good enough for league 1?

jambo

Well-known Exeweb poster
More inane teenage bullsh!t. He's got the skills to pay the bills just needs to build up his match fitness. Having been out injured for the best part of two seasons it's not going to return in an instance. He should, hopefully, get a good pre-season this season. It'll do him the world of good and in turn stop crap posts like the OP.
As a new season beckons, I fear for my sanity...I agree with every word of Ian's post

:D

flackyISmydadHONEST

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good lord.

The main question surely is.... Richard Logan's beard: good enough for League 1?

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
Surely it doesn't matter if Saunders doesn't have pace? The eye for a killer through ball or 40 yard cross field pass, will be good enough to unlock some League 1 defences for Stanno, or whoever, to latch/run on to.

stuexeter

In 3 seasons Tisdale hasn't let us down with the squad, despite what i ahve read on here over the years. I think Tis should by now have earn't enough respect for us to trust him. Although some people will always be cynical and bemoan everything and if they want to be like that, sod em!

Bittners a Legend

Is Neil Saunders good enough? Has Rob Edwards scored at Wembley ...?

Joshyd123

Is Neil Saunders good enough? Has Rob Edwards scored at Wembley ...?
Has Ryan Harley ever tackled?

Oops..

Bittners a Legend

Has Ryan Harley ever tackled?

Oops..
He put a tackle in last year I'll have you know ... and got booked ... ;)

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
i give up but what im saying is that for me hes not quick enough to be a winger so if he was in the middle of the park he would be able to pass the ball around and take more shots which he is so good at. and not have to rely on his pace as much. i think he would fit in there to replace matt gills passing.
So why not title the thread 'Neil Saunders: great L1 central midfielder'? Why open a thread that is negative?

SimonBB

I like Neil Saunders and Yes he is good enough.

Poultice

I think it is a shame that a new and apparently young City supporter has chosen to join the "fraternity" of Exeweb and has been dissed just because he doesn't quite have the comm skills to make his point clearly.

My guess is that his point would be that Nelly has been sh*te in most of his appearances so far, see Notts County away, and although he quite obviously has ability, a good eye for a pass or shot on goal, his general level of performance was not good enough for Div4 let alone to step up. He was too slow, unfit, failed to tackle effectively and misplaced far too many passes, a situation exacerbated by Tis playing him wide, or quite ridiculously IMO wingback, but none the less not up to it.

Greasy makes the point that a good PS may well remove many of these issues and allow his obvious ability to come through, I too believe he could be an effective replacement for Gilly, but that is no excuse for ignoring the data in hand, nor for vilifying a newbie.