• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

is neil saunders good enough for league 1?

kirt f 1

i don't think neil saunders is even good enough for league 2 imo. ill give it to him that hes got a great shot and technique but hes too slow! i hope he proves me wrong but i can't see it. anyone agree or disagree?

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
More inane teenage bullsh!t. He's got the skills to pay the bills just needs to build up his match fitness. Having been out injured for the best part of two seasons it's not going to return in an instance. He should, hopefully, get a good pre-season this season. It'll do him the world of good and in turn stop crap posts like the OP.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
yES oF cOURSE hE iS.

kirt f 1

don't get me wrong i like neil saunders but i don't think pace is his thing. everytime he played he always strayed into the middle of the park i think perhaps on the right of that 3 pronged midfield suits him rather then playing wing back.

TimG

Saunders is a good player and will be a good squad player if not better this season. His ability to see the pass and make it is second to none in the team and he aint afraid of getting stuck in and doing some of the dirty work. Plus he can score some aswell need i remind you of that Barnet goal or that sensational free kick to secure all 3 points in the Aldersh*te game

Borat

He will be fine, along with all the other players....cue a dozen threads on every player in the squad 'is ****** good enough for league 1'

kirt f 1

they were cracking goals thats what i mean by playing from the middle of the park.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
they were cracking goals thats what i mean by playing from the middle of the park.
Is that the middle of the park in L1 or L2?! :S Is he only good enough for L1 if he plays in the middle (traditionally the most important and more difficult role)? You seem confused.

kirt f 1

i give up but what im saying is that for me hes not quick enough to be a winger so if he was in the middle of the park he would be able to pass the ball around and take more shots which he is so good at. and not have to rely on his pace as much. i think he would fit in there to replace matt gills passing.

kirt f 1

btw i take back my comment at the start about him and league 2.