• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is it all a smokescreen??

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
:D Accepted. And a question for the OP, what was wrong with the your other username?

Last edited:

scfcjack

I reckon he would suit your style of play.

He doesn't have much in the way of pace and although it's improved, couldn't tackle half a lager (c. ********), but is a fine striker of the ball with either foot and can pick a pass or shot.

Possibly the major criticism that people have of him is that he slows down play too much.

I'm not sure he could make the step up to the PL, but that's just my opinion and i'm not very clever.
We don't really need pace, what with Nathan Dyer and Scott Sinclair giving defenders nightmares however we do need someone to play in the hole behind the striker and in your words "can pick a pass or shot".

I think your either winding me up or doing yourself a great injustice with the "not very clever" comment by the way!^o)

LammieLammieLammie

There's loads of confusion down this end mate. Some people think he's signed from now, and we are getting a bag of marbles for him, others (including me) think perhaps it's not as straighforward as that.

One thing that worries me a bit, given your Chairmans "reputation" for speaking publically about the goings on at the Liberty, is that a story that perhaps ECFC wanted to be kept quiet could be public given his track record .

He seems to talk a lot to your Journos, does Huw.

Last edited:

scfcjack

There's loads of confusion down this end mate. Some people think he's signed from now, and we are getting a bag of marbles for him, others (including me) think perhaps it's not as straighforward as that.

One thing that worries me a bit, given your Chairmans "reputation" for speaking publically about the goings on at the Liberty, is that a story that perhaps ECFC wanted to be kept quiet is all over your papers .

He seems to talk a lot to your Journos, does Huw.
I honestly don't think that is the case on this occasion mate, the first I heard about this was a thread on the Planetswans website linking to another thread on this forum. Nothing else has come out down our end at all and our local papers have a history for copying and pasting forum rumour posts, 2 bit rag it is. :)

Huw Jenkins has had a history in the past of speaking about things before the ink has dried but seems to have learned his lesson in recent years after the egg has been on the face. A couple of years back he came out and announced the signing of Dean Leacock only for him to sign for Derby a couple of days later. :)

LOG

We don't really need pace, what with Nathan Dyer and Scott Sinclair giving defenders nightmares however we do need someone to play in the hole behind the striker and in your words "can pick a pass or shot".

I think your either winding me up or doing yourself a great injustice with the "not very clever" comment by the way!^o)
If it's a man in the hole you need, then Ryan could be your man. We've played him on the wing in the past and he is nowhere near as effective as playing as a central attacking midfielder. We generally play a 3 man midfield now, and have done for a while, with two others who will run and tackle all day long (i won't say who they are cos we want to don't want to lose them as well). This has given him the freedom to strut his stuff further up the pitch, but he isn't afraid to drop back to provide an outlet (nod to jambo).

It will be a shame to see him go, whether that's now or at the end of the season, but he has always been destined for bigger things. Some spoke about him going straight into the PL, but as he is at the moment, he would be eaten for breakfast there. Whether there's potential for further development, i don't know.

All just my opinion of course and i'm genuinely not very clever

Last edited:

scfcjack

If it's a man in the hole you need, then Ryan could be your man. We've played him on the wing in the past and he is nowhere near as effective as playing as a central attacking midfielder. We generally play a 3 man midfield now, and have done for a while, with two others who will run and tackle all day long (i won't say who they are cos we want to don't want to lose them as well). This has given him the freedom to strut his stuff further up the pitch, but he isn't afraid to drop back to provide an outlet (nod to jambo).

It will be a shame to see him go, whether that's now or at the end of the season, but he has always been destined for bigger things. Some spoke about him going straight into the PL, but as he is at the moment, he would be eaten for breakfast there. Whether there's potential for further development, i don't know.

All just my opinion of course and i'm genuinely not very clever
In that case he sounds just what we need and hopefully you guys can get a tidy wedge for him. We're in a very similar situation with Darren Pratley at the moment, he is the only of our midfield three that carries any goal threat but we stand to lose him for nothing at the end of the season.

I remember somebody who proclaimed to be clever but he wasn't actually. I'd go as far to say he was a bit of a d*ck. :)

http://www.daftgiftshop.co.uk/ekmps/shops/daftgifts/images/keyring-rainbow-zippy-clever-332-p.jpg

**** Sorry! Web links not allowed for new users ****
This is an effort to combat spam postings. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Last edited:

LOG

hopefully you guys can get a tidy wedge for him.
Except we won't, but that's life as Esther used to say.

scfcjack

Except we won't, but that's life as Esther used to say.
I hope you're wrong to be honest mate, your manager has made it clear he would rather keep him until the end of the season rather than sell him for peanuts. I suppose it will all depend on how much another club, not necessarily Swansea is willing to push to.

Anyways, bed time for me. Very nice talking with you fellas.

If I don't visit here again I wish you all the very best for the rest of the season.

Max Payne 2

If that's the case then he's exactly the type of player you're after.

LammieLammieLammie

I honestly don't think that is the case on this occasion mate
So, was it Brendan that talked to the papers this time? :)