• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is it all a smokescreen??

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
As long as he doesn't when playing. :)

I know it's hardly the most reliable of sources but the Mirror is reporting the deal is on with 300k coming your way.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Championship-promotion-chasers-Swansea-are-snapping-up-highly-rated-midfielder-Ryan-Harley-from-League-One-side-Exeter-in-a-300-000-deal-article677487.html
Summat funny about this deal, I'm beginning to get the feeling we haven't seen the last of Ryan in God's football shirt and that you boys might have to be patient before he graces that soulless hole that replaced the Vetch.

More talent than half the muppets running around in the Premiership.

LOG

I've heard similar however I'm more inclined to think we'll see him sign during this window if at all. We've been in desperate need of a good attacking midfielder this season, I believe that is the one piece of the jigsaw that could see us make a real push for the Premier league this year.
I reckon he would suit your style of play.

He doesn't have much in the way of pace and although it's improved, couldn't tackle half a lager (c. ********), but is a fine striker of the ball with either foot and can pick a pass or shot.

Possibly the major criticism that people have of him is that he slows down play too much.

I'm not sure he could make the step up to the PL, but that's just my opinion and i'm not very clever.

Last edited:

Poultice

Give him a break...
What, and do seven years ?

wemissmoxey

How about a straight swap for the Trundler ? :p

LammieLammieLammie

Summat funny about this deal, I'm beginning to get the feeling we haven't seen the last of Ryan in God's football shirt and that you boys might have to be patient before he graces that soulless hole that replaced the Vetch.

:D What happened to the marbles? :D or was it the mumbles? :D

Poultice

How about a straight swap for the Trundler ? :p
Is he still there ?

No, he is playing for Neath.

Poultice

:D What happened to the marbles? :D or was it the mumbles? :D
Sorry I can't understand.

scfcjack

I must agree with you about the Liberty stadium, the Vetch is very much missed for atmosphere.

With a bit of luck he'll have his chance to show that there next season.

LammieLammieLammie

Harley gone for what amounts to a bag of marbles
4 hours is a long time in football mate!

Poultice

4 hours is a long time in football mate!
A bag of marbles for nowt can't be a bad deal.