• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

India v England ODI

Ellisthegreek

Well-known Exeweb poster
India 1 dayers have been cancelled due to trouble in Mumbai....

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, a real shame. As the Mumbai terrorists have been quite explicit in seeking out Western tourists, the England team needs assurances that it will be safe before considering playing the Tests - one of which is scheduled for Mumbai.

Another big knock-on effect is the Champions' League, which is due to take place in the next couple of weeks.

I wonder if one or both can be moved at this late stage - Sharjah, for example, is used to hosting events at short notice.

Brian Moore

When i first heard the news i thought it was KP's latest tactic to avoid losing 7 nil but then rumours sprung up that it wasnt terrorists running around looking for anyone with a British Passport but Ian Moores & the selctors desperately looking for new players.
I realised the terrorists were not the actual team as they were "running" and, although they didn't actually hold on to anyone for long they did managed a few decent shots along the way.

tisdale 1

Resigned
they should get out the country right now. f*ck staying somewere that all the locals are running around with guns shooting each other. no sporting team would put up with that .

Brian Moore

True, i'd advise Blackpool to pull out of this weekends fixture for starters.

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes, a real shame. As the Mumbai terrorists have been quite explicit in seeking out Western tourists, the England team needs assurances that it will be safe before considering playing the Tests - one of which is scheduled for Mumbai.
A mate of mine has his flights booked for the Mumbai test, and is keeping a close eye on the news!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like the Tests will go ahead, but with the Mumbai Test moved.

TimG

Sounds like the Tests will go ahead, but with the Mumbai Test moved.
Yer the test has been moved to chenni. dont know how likely it is that the tests are going to go ahead though because it just does not seem sesible to me.