• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

How many if any ?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hamer
Ribs Taylor JMT Friend
Edwards
Wheeler Noble Moxey
Stockley Watkins

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
They'd probably play like ****e as a team, but:

Jones
Ribeiro, Taylor, Edwards, Friend
Ampadu
Wheeler, Harley (first time round), Noone
Cureton, Watkins

Last edited:

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Re: Ben Hamer: I thought he was quite "meh" during his spell with us - no better or worse than Paul Jones.
I cant agree there. Hamer was the complete keeper; he couldnt have improved much more. Jonah was a long way short of Hamers standard.

grecIAN Harris

Hamer would have to be in goal if loanees are allowed. If not, much as I knock him this season, I'd go Pym over Jones. Ribs at right back. Matt Taylor and then it's a toss up between JMT and Scrat for the other centre half position. (Why Scrat? Because he was the other half of the most solid centre half pairing Tis has had with Taylor). Georgie Boy at left back. Wheeler down the right. Grimes and Sercs in the middle, Deano down the left with Watkins floating around Stockley up front.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I cant agree there. Hamer was the complete keeper; he couldnt have improved much more. Jonah was a long way short of Hamers standard.
What people seem to forget is he made quite a few fairly basic errors during his time with us. As I say, I don't think at the time he was any better or worse than Jones.

EDIT: Thought I'd bring this to the top - plenty of faith in Hamer but later on quite a bit of negativity around him after a shocker:

http://www.exeweb.com/forums/showthread.php?44944-Ben-Hamer

Last edited:

andrew p long

Hamer would have to be in goal if loanees are allowed. If not, much as I knock him this season, I'd go Pym over Jones. Ribs at right back. Matt Taylor and then it's a toss up between JMT and Scrat for the other centre half position. (Why Scrat? Because he was the other half of the most solid centre half pairing Tis has had with Taylor). Georgie Boy at left back. Wheeler down the right. Grimes and Sercs in the middle, Deano down the left with Watkins floating around Stockley up front.
That's what I'd go for too,save with Sir Rob for Scrat.

TOP_CITY_FAN

4-4-2 Diamond Wide

Jones
Friend - Taylor - JMT - Ribs
Noble
Holmes ---- Wheeler
Harley
Cureton - Watkins

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
One thing I've noticed is that nobody (myself included) has even up to now mentioned Jamie Mackie. Quite strange given all he has achieved, perhaps it was because he was only really on fire for us for around half a season before he left?

Red Bill

What people seem to forget is he made quite a few fairly basic errors during his time with us. As I say, I don't think at the time he was any better or worse than Jones.

EDIT: Thought I'd bring this to the top - plenty of faith in Hamer but later on quite a bit of negativity around him after a shocker:

http://www.exeweb.com/forums/showthread.php?44944-Ben-Hamer
I have to say i'm wite PeteUSA on this one. Every player no matter who has the odd bad day at the office, but in my opinion Hamer was far and away the best keeper of the Tisdale era. But then i wasn't a huge fan of Jones ans would put him 3rd behind Hamer and Pym.

bflockha

One thing I've noticed is that nobody (myself included) has even up to now mentioned Jamie Mackie. Quite strange given all he has achieved, perhaps it was because he was only really on fire for us for around half a season before he left?
Looking through thread was wondering why Jamie Mackie wasn't getting a mention; getting tinged with Green probably disqualifies him and as mentioned was he that consistent