• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

How many if any ?

cambmike

I really rated Tom Nichols - good scoring rate for us and so calm with penalties

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Although clearly he's *going* to be the best of the lot, can he really be included in a "best ever XI" based on the dozen or so appearances he made for us?

I was very guarded about putting Grimes on my bench, may not have done so had I been doing it another time, yet he too was a hugely profitable export.
I think that Ampadu was one of the most composed players that I've seen at City over the last decade. His energy, tackling, awareness, passing, and strength on the ball were all superb, I'd definitely pick him.

Must admit that I overlooked Grimes.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Yeah - I suppose some will have been those who barely featured, mind. Callum McNish, subbed off after coming on as sub, anyone?
Didn't that happen to Gosling, as well?

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hamer would have to be in goal if loanees are allowed. If not, much as I knock him this season, I'd go Pym over Jones. Ribs at right back. Matt Taylor and then it's a toss up between JMT and Scrat for the other centre half position. (Why Scrat? Because he was the other half of the most solid centre half pairing Tis has had with Taylor). Georgie Boy at left back. Wheeler down the right. Grimes and Sercs in the middle, Deano down the left with Watkins floating around Stockley up front.
On reflection I think I'll swap Sercs out for Matt Gill. Gilly just has that way abouthim to tie things up in midfield which would allow Grimes or, second choice, Harley, to flourish beside him.

Red Bill

Although clearly he's *going* to be the best of the lot, can he really be included in a "best ever XI" based on the dozen or so appearances he made for us?.
Well Noone made on a couple and he was only with for a couple of months before being recalled!

eurogrecian

No place for Sir Scott Hiley?

Very difficult to pick 11, or even 18 when so many have been good in different ways during the period they played for the Club.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
No place for Sir Scott Hiley?

Very difficult to pick 11, or even 18 when so many have been good in different ways during the period they played for the Club.
Hiley didn't play under Tis.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Well Noone made on a couple and he was only with for a couple of months before being recalled!
I didn't include any loanees partly on that basis.

Red Bill

I didn't include any loanees partly on that basis.
I think you deserve a medal for deciphering my post, I had to read your reply before I could work out what I was talking about with the letters and words missing! (rofl)

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I think you deserve a medal for deciphering my post, I had to read your reply before I could work out what I was talking about with the letters and words missing! (rofl)
I didn't even need to go to Bletchley Park to get there...! :)