• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

How best to use the Cash?

DanceMagnet

As Dr Dave has asserted that ECC are now supportive of ECFC, IMHO, we should be testing that out by attempting to buy back the freehold to SJP. I think this is the key to securing the future of the club and providing the platform to determine our own destiny. Trust funds, and a percentage of any windfall monies, should be used to underpin the infrastructure and not used to support the day to day running of the club.

Last edited:

Saint James

I concur with the 4g pitch at the Cat and Fiddle. Surely this would then reduce the hours the ground staff need to spend on the pitch? (Sorry Clive!) Not like the grafting in your day Tony. Soaking up the water with a bucket and sponge!
Phil, yep working on the ground now has moved on since my days of a fork and a shovel plus a mower that worked about half the week!!!!
In answer to the question about Long Term Structural Debt this refers to the accumulation of hundreds of debts that build up each season from suppliers big and large that the club's cash flow cannot pay. Most of these debts are serviced on an agreed re-payment schedule aside from the ones that have to be paid e.g. National Insurance and VAT. The notion that the club is debt free is a complete fallacy that the accounts bear out. There is therefore a very unsexy use of some of this money reducing the level of structural debt the club has.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Get a decent centre midfielder in. Harley and Noble are quality but too often injured.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
As Dr Dave has asserted that ECC are now supportive of ECFC, IMHO, we should be testing that out by attempting to buy back the freehold to SJP. I think this is the key to securing the future of the club and providing the platform to determine our own destiny. Trust funds, and a percentage of any windfall monies, should be used to underpin the infrastructure and not used to support the day to day running of the club.
Buying the ground would make us prey to the type of "investor" that has nearly bankrupted us in the past.

Alistair20000

Buying the ground would make us prey to the type of "investor" that has nearly bankrupted us in the past.
Not if the Trust made the purchase.

Avening Posse

Not if the Trust made the purchase.
without wishing to be a broken record, the council can sell to the Trust as a community organisation (probably the biggest with 3,000 members) on the basis there are covenants to keep it is sports use, and if ever sold there are overage arrangements to give the Council their share...... come on City stop fannying about, just do it, if you haven't got the expertise just ask for f__k sake, and I'm not bull****ting I will negotiate for you for nothing as will others on here who also know how to.......just do it

Alistair20000

without wishing to be a broken record, the council can sell to the Trust as a community organisation (probably the biggest with 3,000 members) on the basis there are covenants to keep it is sports use, and if ever sold there are overage arrangements to give the Council their share...... come on City stop fannying about, just do it, if you haven't got the expertise just ask for f__k sake, and I'm not bull****ting I will negotiate for you for nothing as will others on here who also know how to.......just do it
It is glaringly obvious IMHO but those in office appear too timid to go for it. :(

citizen

Are the Volunteers taking over?

Last edited:

Avening Posse

It is glaringly obvious IMHO but those in office appear too timid to go for it. :(
Annoying isn't it ?, I read posts on here by people who clearly have the business expertise to sort this stuff out who would probably do it for nothing in their spare time, i'm not blowing my one trumpet here, but I love Exeter City, and I have done loads of deals in my working life that has involved acquiring land from central Govt, local councils, farmers, developers and others, and thats for literally thousands of new homes, student accommodation, commercial uses etc, and I would help them out for nothing at the drop of a hat if asked as I'm sure others would, so whats with the reluctance ??????????

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
According to the Public Consultation document published in 2011 we started negotiations for a new long term lease of St. James' Park in January 2010.

Going well isn't it. :)