• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Home Attendances and Atmosphere

suffolklad

To date, this season, average attendance is 6,693. We are 17th in the League One attendances table, with Cambridge, Shrewsbury, Wycombe, Stevenage, Cheltenham, Fleetwood and Burton (3,338) below us. Port Vale are 16th on 6,740 and Northampton 15th 6,860 before we get to Carlisle in 14th on 8,138. Unsurprisingly, Derby are top at 26,801

Doing a quick 'back of fag packet' calculation of a notional (and possibly conservative) £10 per ticket (after costs), gives an average income of £66,930 per game and £1,539,390 over the full 23 home game league season. Obviously, home cup games would add to this slightly, especially as they are 'all pay'.

We have clearly achieved the aims of 'Project 6000', and some.

Kudos to the club as I believe, since the days of reduced capacity in the era of H&S, this is a record.
Our Figure of 6693 is i believe outstanding. Especially when i remember a gate of 4k as being good and 3k on a regular basis. I'd be interested to know how these figures work out as a percentage of the ground capacity, ours must be around 90%. Not many in the league would achieve that?

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
You're being hopeful, Satanage bringing 300-400 even when they're in with a shout if thf play offs.
They are poor travellers I suspect but surely on the edge of the play offs they should bring 300 on a Saturday?

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Should it be a good Easter (Bolton (h) and Charlton (a)) - I’d anticipate 5-600. Their away following early season averaged over 600.

tom_ecfc

Our Figure of 6693 is i believe outstanding. Especially when i remember a gate of 4k as being good and 3k on a regular basis. I'd be interested to know how these figures work out as a percentage of the ground capacity, ours must be around 90%. Not many in the league would achieve that?
IMG_2794.jpeg

Spoonz Red E

Based on our official capacity of 8,720 I make our average before today at about 76.75% so the above graphic seems wrong.
In fact our percentage increases if you account for the fact that our actual capacity was down to 8,219 until recently due to our decision to err on the side of caution and shave 10% of the standing terraces.

fred binneys head

Our capacity is weird. The away attendance from charlton was about 1,300 (sell out) but from the bank you could clearly see the terrace barriers in several places. We could easily have fitted another 200 - 300 people in there at least. And I stood on the side of the bank yesterday as I got there later than normal, and there was plenty of space. I reckon we could easily fit 9,000 in SJP, maybe close to 9,500. Why do we stop at just over 8,000?

fred binneys head

To date, this season, average attendance is 6,693. We are 17th in the League One attendances table, with Cambridge, Shrewsbury, Wycombe, Stevenage, Cheltenham, Fleetwood and Burton (3,338) below us. Port Vale are 16th on 6,740 and Northampton 15th 6,860 before we get to Carlisle in 14th on 8,138. Unsurprisingly, Derby are top at 26,801

Doing a quick 'back of fag packet' calculation of a notional (and possibly conservative) £10 per ticket (after costs), gives an average income of £66,930 per game and £1,539,390 over the full 23 home game league season. Obviously, home cup games would add to this slightly, especially as they are 'all pay'.

We have clearly achieved the aims of 'Project 6000', and some.

Kudos to the club as I believe, since the days of reduced capacity in the era of H&S, this is a record.
After yesterday’s games Port Vale’s average is 6,637 and ours is 6,728 so we’ve moved up a place.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
The atmosphere has been flat in the home games i’ve been too this season its a bit like the team at time , nice to watch but a bit polite sometimes.

Antony Moxey

Our capacity is weird. The away attendance from charlton was about 1,300 (sell out) but from the bank you could clearly see the terrace barriers in several places. We could easily have fitted another 200 - 300 people in there at least. And I stood on the side of the bank yesterday as I got there later than normal, and there was plenty of space. I reckon we could easily fit 9,000 in SJP, maybe close to 9,500. Why do we stop at just over 8,000?
Rules and regulations. It isn’t about the square footage available, it’s about the number, size and locations of exits and stairways. Basically capacity is all about how quickly and safely you can evacuate, not about how many you can fit in.

fred binneys head

It’s Health & Safety gone mad.

Yours,

Richard Littlejohn.