• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Holiday plans...

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I prefer driving in the US rather than on mainland Europe. The only area where you have to have your wits about you is on the Freeways & Interstates where vehicles can overtake on the inside lanes. You will soon get used to that.
My thoughts too but if the Sheriff catches you failing to stop fully at a stop sign even if the road you are joining is dead clear he gets snaky. Son in Law got caught with that but managed to get off with a warning

Stelios

Charleston, South Carolina in two weeks time. Looking forward to this and it'll be something different for me. No trains in this trip. The second week the children will join us as we celebrate the wife's 60th birthday. A brief sojourn into Georgia to have a look around Savannah. Hiring a car to get us around, not looking forward to driving in the USA.
Watch out for Sheriff J.W. Pepper

Oldsmobile-88

Driving in the US on one trip (it was well over 20 years ago) I saw a temporary sign at the side of the road..Caution, Chain Gang Working. Sure enough up the highway I saw a few fellas with Pump Action Shotguns wearing stetsons overseeing a group of prisoners in orange overalls clearing the ditches at the side of the road.

Bridgy 81

Driving in the US on one trip (it was well over 20 years ago) I saw a temporary sign at the side of the road..Caution, Chain Gang Working. Sure enough up the highway I saw a few fellas with Pump Action Shotguns wearing stetsons overseeing a group of prisoners in orange overalls clearing the ditches at the side of the road.
Funnily enough I saw one of those in Bridgwater yesterday.
(only joking).

Spoonz Red E

Bridgy 81

Wrong spelling of Bridgwater unfortunately
Too many e(s) 🙂

iscalad

Too many e(s) 🙂
Surely you can't have too many e(s)

Spoonz Red E

Too many e(s) 🙂
Soon sorted with a judicious fold Emma tells me. :cool:

OmanGrecian

Has anyone been to Thailand I’m July? We are thinking of going to one of the islands for 2 weeks. We know it is rainy season, but just how bad is it?

Bridgy 81

Has anyone been to Thailand I’m July? We are thinking of going to one of the islands for 2 weeks. We know it is rainy season, but just how bad is it?
We’ve been to Thailand a few times.
Mostly during the UK winter or spring though.
I suppose the nearest time we went to their rainy season was in a September.
It was a while ago now but my recollection was that we had some very heavy storms but they didn’t last all day.
So although you needed to be undercover whilst it was hammering down once it stopped as it was still hot quite quickly afterwards it was as if it had never rained at all.
Anyway good luck, it’s a nice country with some very nice people.