• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Hiram Boateng take a bow

hillview red

He was poor today but very harsh to say he is a passenger for long periods. Before he got injured in the warm up at Crawley he had the most assists in the entire division! And don’t forget he’s a central midfielder not a 10 or a wide player. I think we need to cut him some slack... Absolutely it would be great if he added more goals to his game but for a young central midfielder I think he’s doing just fine.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
He was poor today but very harsh to say he is a passenger for long periods. Before he got injured in the warm up at Crawley he had the most assists in the entire division! And don’t forget he’s a central midfielder not a 10 or a wide player. I think we need to cut him some slack... Absolutely it would be great if he added more goals to his game but for a young central midfielder I think he’s doing just fine.
He played quite a few games earlier in the season in the hole just behind Stockley.

When he plays as a central midfielder he doesn't offer enough defensively.

Last edited:

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Taylor, Collins, Jay, Law, Boateng, we just have too many central midfielders.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Chuck Lee Martin in there as well.

Red Devon

Agree, after 5 months out he probably needs a full pre season to get back to his old self.

IndoMike

Can't really agree with that. But we do need more strikers.

Can't really agree with that. But we do need more strikers.
Boateng was really poor today and I also think he may have been injured again. At times he just doesn’t read the game, fails to keep his position and subsequently effects the whole midfields shape.
Oh and we need at least two strikers, what would be like if had CJ Hamilton.....

grecIAN Harris

Chuck Lee Martin in there as well.
Lee Martin isn't a central midfielder irrespective of whether he likes to think he is or not. He's at his most effective when he plays wide as he has a natural instinct to want to take players on.

IndoMike

To be totally fair to Boateng he is presumably still recovering from his hip problem. I don't know if that would play on his mind a bit. But he does seem to be a bit of a mood player - like Harley or Gow.

Last edited:

hillview red

Not sure Hiram did play “quite a few games earlier in the season in the hole behind Stockley”. At the start of the season pre-injury you’ll recall Matt T insisting on 2 up top. It’s only later in the season where we have moved back to the one up like previous years.

5 months out is tough and I agree with another post that questioned whether he got injured during the game. In the first half he went down quite badly and was holding on to his hip which had caused him so much trouble.