• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Health

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
My brother-in-law is recovering from an operation to remove one of his kidneys, inside which had been a growth almost as big as the kidney itself. He's been told that there shouldn't be any more problems. The symptom which made him see his doctor was blood in his urine. The moral of this story is pretty clear!

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
My brother-in-law is recovering from an operation to remove one of his kidneys, inside which had been a growth almost as big as the kidney itself. He's been told that there shouldn't be any more problems. The symptom which made him see his doctor was blood in his urine. The moral of this story is pretty clear!
Yep, blood in urine or any excretion is serious. We guys tend to put off going to see the doc : bad idea. Hope your brother-in - law will be ok.

IndoMike

I've got this GERD problem : symptoms similar to heart problem. Freaked me out a bit. Found out that eating too much Brie doesn't help.

Swanaldo

I already have a motorhome so am more interested in the various gadgets, gizmos... self leveling mechanisms...
Gadgets and gizmos are the best part of any hobby. I'm a sucker for anything that folds or converts.

Serious question: do you take a car with you in addition to the motorhome? We have always done a bit of camping/caravanning and I always find it very handy to have the car to nip to chip shop/supermarket/swimming pool/whatever without having to pack the whole site up. I've seen these guys towing their Smart car or Suzuki Swift behind their motorhomes and it does seem like quite a practical setup.

Antony Moxey

Gadgets and gizmos are the best part of any hobby. I'm a sucker for anything that folds or converts.

Serious question: do you take a car with you in addition to the motorhome? We have always done a bit of camping/caravanning and I always find it very handy to have the car to nip to chip shop/supermarket/swimming pool/whatever without having to pack the whole site up. I've seen these guys towing their Smart car or Suzuki Swift behind their motorhomes and it does seem like quite a practical setup.
No. We tend not to stay in any one place for more than two or three days and will stock up on provisions either before we leave or on the way. Getting around is either on foot or public transport. When we went to France a couple of years ago we took bikes as we left the dog at home. Never found a problem with not driving when we get there, you can usually find some way of getting around. As for towing, it’s a nice idea but at nearly 7.5m long the van’s long enough without having a car on the back.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Saw a cardiologist this morning. No real problem but told me to lose 20kg and make life easier on my heart.

Banksy

Saw a cardiologist this morning. No real problem but told me to lose 20kg and make life easier on my heart.
Never a bad thing a bit of healthy eating guided weight loss.
Strangely, with my cancer treatment I've been told to put on weight and encouraged to eat carp like evaporated milk on my porridge and the odd chocolate biccy or three.Mind you , I'll miss them when I get back to normal again!

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Never a bad thing a bit of healthy eating guided weight loss.
Strangely, with my cancer treatment I've been told to put on weight and encouraged to eat carp like evaporated milk on my porridge and the odd chocolate biccy or three.Mind you , I'll miss them when I get back to normal again!
To lose weight all I have to do is remove all the things I enjoy from my diet. Like chocolate and alcohol!

Alistair20000

To lose weight all I have to do is remove all the things I enjoy from my diet. Like chocolate and alcohol!
What about fried bread ?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
What about fried bread ?
Nope, I don't have any coconut oil to fry it in. Should I?

Last edited: