• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Health

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Interesting that the camper van/mobile home conundrum has spread to this thread.

Hants' penchant for the camper van indicates that he is unlikely to share a touring holiday in the company of Comrade Anton Moxey.
It wouldn't work, he's fitter than me for a start. On a one hour bike ride he'd get to the destination 2 hours before me. :(

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
If you're not done and gone already, Oeschinensee and Creux de Van are two that are on my list of places that are meant to be incredible to see. Not managed to get to either yet.
All done. Sat waiting for my plane to turn up.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Mike , didn't have the chemo thankfully,just the radiotherapy had a lot of the growth removed by way of an operation back in November.
P.s Sorry your reply didn't come out for some reason.

Last edited:

Terryhall

All done. Sat waiting for my plane to turn up.
Both probably better in the summer anyway :)

IndoMike

Mike , didn't have the chemo thankfully,just the radiotherapy had a lot of the growth removed by way of an operation back in November.
P.s Sorry your reply didn't come out for some reason.
No problem, Banksy. Hope your treatment finishes soon : I'm sure it will be successful and you can get on with your life.

Alistair20000

Well said Indo.

I would like to add my best wishes to Banksy for a full and complete recovery.

Antony Moxey

It wouldn't work, he's fitter than me for a start. On a one hour bike ride he'd get to the destination 2 hours before me. :(
It’s not a race mate! I’d be too busy stopping for photos and taking in the scenery. Course the joy of a motorhome is when you’re finished with the riding you find a nice spot for the night, have a shower and cook something hot and tasty for tea then admire the view with a cheeky chilled white straight from the fridge. Plus if there’s more than one of you (we comfortably toured western France with four a couple of years ago) there’s still room to move around without hav8n* to climb over each other.

Oldsmobile-88

Well said Indo.

I would like to add my best wishes to Banksy for a full and complete recovery.
Indeed...All the best Banksy

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Should we all meet at Westpoint on Friday 9th March? https://www.thebestof.co.uk/local/exeter/events/feature/the-caravan-and-motorhome-show/

I've never really looked inside one, I do fancy a trip around the wine producing regions of France, with a bit of walking to 'earn' a glass of wine.

Antony Moxey

There was a motorhome show at Westpoint this weekend. They’re not all they’re cracked up to be though, I went the year before last and all they had was row upon row of motorhomes (well duh I hear you say). It’s nice to look around a few models, but it gets dull after that, what I was really hoping for was to see accessory stands - I already have a motorhome so am more interested in the various gadgets, gizmos and space saving and securing ideas that enhance the motorhoming experience. Stuff like tellies, satellite equipment, multimedia, electrical inverters, air suspension conversions, upholsterers, self leveling mechanisms, awnings and drive away tents, that sort of thing.

But if you want to just look around motorhomes you’re better off going to a dealership - somewhere like Martins at Sandygate roundabout or the one just of the Wellington junction of the M5 or the mahoosive site at Highbridge. At least you’ll save yourself the tanner admission plus you’ll find a lot of reasonably priced rigs instead of just the £60-80k brand new models.