• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Harley Joins Swansea But Back Until End Of The Season

Grecian1987

Who says we turned down £300-£400K? Real question!
Davidjenkin, can't you read?

Cravat 2

Speechless. Livid. Bewildered.

I wanted us to pocket AT LEAST 300-400K and to turn that down and then see him go on a free is embarrassing and amateurish. We've been raped on this deal massively, having him back on loan is no consolation as he doesn't strike me as the type of player who will be professional enough to give 100% now he knows he's leaving - maybe I'm doing him a misjustice though

We wont go up so we should have taken the money from Brighton and had done. Absolutely ridiculous

What if he didn't want to go to Brighton? There's this odd assumption that if we had accepted an offer he would have gone.

Attacking his mentality/professionalism is pretty low, as well.

Last edited:

scottus86

I'll tell you what, though; I think this proves how important Tis views Harley, and possibly what he thinks our chances for the season might be... can't see him turning down 300k for a mid-table finish...
Thats a interesting way to look at it I suppose, I looked at our fixtures the other day, and apart from 4, I think we should be picking up wins and draws for the next half of the season.

Sorry, my bad...Must be true then ;)

citydrinker

2 minute hobble from the nearest pub. Or in it.
To most Footballers, Football is just a job. A job in which, if you are good enough, you get more financial reward and if that involves a change of employment, then so be it.

A bit like how the rest of the real World works really.

Am I disappointed?. Yes.

Am I a hypocrite?. I try not to be.

I'll be supporting the whole City team, including Mr Harley, good luck to him. He'd be a fool not to grasp this opportunity.

Fingers crossed that there are elements of this deal that prove hugely beneficial to us and hopefully our club will issue a statement clarifying this.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
No it isn't.

I would rather have Harley till the end of the season than 30 or 40k.
But Phil, without this ridiculous transfer we had him until the end of the season anyway.

I don't get your point...

bumble1976

Looking up optimistically...unless I get depressed
I'll tell you what, though; I think this proves how important Tis views Harley, and possibly what he thinks our chances for the season might be... can't see him turning down 300k for a mid-table finish...
Not saying I disagree that Tis rates him so highly, and not entirely sure I follow all the logic on here, but what worries me is that IF we knew Harley was going with effect from last summer (when I read he did not want to sign a new contract) then why have 2 tranfers windows passed without any replacement i.e. last summer and this current one. If we couldn't attract the right replacement then, why do we feel it is a foregone conclusion in the summer? Tis' transfer activity remains the one big area of doubt for me...I so hope he proves me wrong soon!

Red the Paper

Banned
What value would people put on Harley being here until the end of the season? I remember quite a few saying that for any transfer less than 300k or so we would be better off keeping him. I didn't personally agree with them (maybe half that figure) but those that felt that way should be pretty happy as to their way of thinking we have effectively netted 300k plus his wages from this deal.

Why have him here til the end of the season? He has missed plenty of games recently through having a cold. No good having any player who doesn't play

Shamus

All this talk saying that we couldn't get anything for him is tosh. If we knew he was going end of the season we could have put whispers out that he was available to highest bidder. We could have held and auction and done, we know there would have been takers and cash would have been banked.

Only other option is that HArley had gun to our head saying he wouldnt go to anyone but Swansea. Who knows, but shows what a crap statement that is.

If it is Harley we should know as I think it is disrespectful and would think worse of hm for it. That said we know that footballers don't think that it is wrong, but I do simples!

Phil Sayers

Very well known Exeweb poster
My point is that the deal is better than him leaving at the end the season as Swansea will now be paying his wages and having him until the end of the season whether they were paying his wages or we were is better than 30 or 40k now.