• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Harley and Noble

hatch4england

Our record in all competitions starting both Harley and Noble (usually leaving out Dunne) is:
W 4
D 4
L 9

Notwithstanding their other qualities, I think we need more tackling in midfield than playing these 2 together gives us, especially when the 3rd one in there is Sercombe.

I think numbers don't lie.

What do you think?

Our record in all competitions starting both Harley and Noble (usually leaving out Dunne) is:
W 4
D 4
L 9

Notwithstanding their other qualities, I think we need more tackling in midfield than playing these 2 together gives us, especially when the 3rd one in there is Sercombe.

What do you think?
I don't get why we don't play a 4 man midfield with Dunne included. Straight forward 4-4-2 with Goldbourne as left back and 2 strikers. My team as follows:-

Hamer
Tully Taylor/Troy Duffy Goldbourne
Sercs Noble Dunne Harley
Curo Nards/Logie​

I don't think we should have Troy, Taylor & Duffy on the pitch at the same time! Two at a time leaving room for the hard working Dunne in midfield!

Last edited:

t.a.f.k.a.g.g.

Numbers do lie. Harley and noble played really well together today. They got out of some tight spaces with great one-twos and weren't at fault for the goals.

Thread closed.

dommers

What do you think?
I think they can be used to say anything unless you add some context. We've earnt more points per game with Krysiak in goal than either Hamer or Jones. Does this mean he is our best GK?

Willy Nilly

Play Harley until we are mathmatically safe. Then thank him and send him off to Wales and get Dunne, Sercs and Noble playing together.

Last edited:

scottus86

Play Harley until we are mathmatically safe. Then thank him and send him off to Wales and get Dunne, Sercs and Noble playing together.
I'd agree with that. Once safe give the younguns a go, there'll be nothing really to lose

Big Ted

I'd agree with that. Once safe give the younguns a go, there'll be nothing really to lose
Play our reserves/young guns against D & R but a full strength team against Argyle

FAN-TATIC

W 4
D 4
L 9

What do you think?
The numbers don't lie on so much that they are an accurate record of of the results in which Noble and Harley played.

There is nothing in those numbers to indicate that the reason we lost those 9 games was solely due to the fact that both Noble and Harley played. In how many of those games did Dunne and Sercombe also play? Why did we lose them? Poor defending, poor finishing on our part, goal keeping errors, beaten by a better team on the day, et al.

I do not favour playing two ball players in midfield, however that is a long way short of saying that to do so is the sole reason for any of the defeats.

We are a Team, we win as a team, draw as a team and lose as a team. Using Harley and Noble as scapegoats is unfair. After all they both played at Charlton, Notts County and Carlisle.

Last edited:

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don't get why we don't play a 4 man midfield with Dunne included. Straight forward 4-4-2 with Goldbourne as left back and 2 strikers. My team as follows:-

Hamer
Tully Taylor/Troy Duffy Goldbourne
Sercs Noble Dunne Harley
Curo Nards/Logie​

I don't think we should have Troy, Taylor & Duffy on the pitch at the same time! Two at a time leaving room for the hard working Dunne in midfield!
Yeah coz 442 always work great for us doesn't it! You cannot play 442 without any genuine wide players. Harley is wasted out wide and sercs and/or dunne can't play out there either.

We can only play 532 wing backs or 443 with the current personnel. This is where Tus f*cked up big time but hey ho he is a tactical genius apparantly.

Yeah coz 442 always work great for us doesn't it! You cannot play 442 without any genuine wide players. Harley is wasted out wide and sercs and/or dunne can't play out there either.

We can only play 532 wing backs or 443 with the current personnel. This is where Tus f*cked up big time but hey ho he is a tactical genius apparantly.
Tus?? Is that not Vernon Kay's long suffering wife? :p