• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Guy Wolfenden and Exeter City not panicking over home attendances

Silver fox

Very well known Exeweb poster
Has tree 42 been chopped down??

PeteUSA

I dread to think what the attendance would be without the ST holders.......maybe sub 2000......1500......who knows, but wolfie isn't panicking, he has said he isn't so why should we think otherwise?
Did we ever get a definitive answer about whether season ticket holders are included in the announced attendance, even if they dont show up?

Silver fox

Yes they are Pete.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Has tree 42 been chopped down??
I would imagine Wolfie wanted to come on here to explain/defend his ticketing strategy and then left with no intention to return.

Silver fox

Ah thought so, Cheers.

rustle

Supporting City these days no longer gives me the buzz it used to. We've had so many ups and downs in the almost 30 years I've been going to matches but last season the thrill of looking forward to the next match began to dwindle. It's odd to feel the huge enthusiasm of supporting City slowly waning, it's MY team no other would be the same, but what's happened to the excitement, the electric atmosphere, the joy of being with a crowd of shouting, chanting, cheering, eager supporters? My ST means I keep going but somehow it's not the pleasure it was. It's a bit sad to be going almost out of 'duty' rather than enthusiasm. I hope the youngsters keep their enthusiasm, they bring some sparkle when they're played and it's the thought of what they may bring to next season which keeps me optimistic.

wemissmoxey

Supporting City these days no longer gives me the buzz it used to. We've had so many ups and downs in the almost 30 years I've been going to matches but last season the thrill of looking forward to the next match began to dwindle.
Yes that is the killer for me, even when we were dire in years gone by there was always the hope in the back of my mind that today could be the day, I have not had that feeling for a few years, as a football fan of a lower league football club hope is one of the main things that keeps you going week after week, season after season. Unfortunately these days everything is so stale, so premeditated, so predictable, all in all it is pretty grim and the fact that things are unlikely to change is even grimmer.

Last edited:

SezLez

They must be panicking as the Facebook event for the Wycombe game says it is only £3 for an adult if you buy online!
Oh sorry - it's just another misleading invitation.....

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
he may be panicking when there is 2400 in the park on Tuesday night.....

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
he may be panicking when there is 2400 in the park on Tuesday night.....
I suspect there may be more than that because of the fact that it's rearranged, plus the £3 off is continuing. Just bought tickets online and the flybe looks pretty full.