• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gulls take note

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
- The video is called 'Fighting', however I found it on a search for Plymouth v Exeter. In the video there is no real fighting , it is actually of the goal celebration.

- I never compared the Devon derby to any of those listed (although the hatred certainly matches Gas v City and is way above Swindon v Oxford...). Merely reminding you few Gulls that you mean bugger all to Devon football and don't even register as a proper derby match with a team 30 miles up the road. A sedate outing at Plainmoor (where you don't sell your home allocation, even in a Play Off Semi Final) hardly sets the pulse racing. Sorry.

- the 2 year / 5 year thing means bugger all. We were f*cked for 3 of those years and only started to properly push for promotion when it was sorted out thanks to Man Utd. You had a lottery owner ploughing money in and you still buggered up in the play-offs against us. You were lucky to then face such a poor Cambridge side in the second season.

Again, on your bike/supporters bus :D

On_The_Beach

- I never compared the Devon derby to any of those listed (although the hatred certainly matches blah blah blah...
So that's what makes a good match is it max? Hatred?

Every time you use the words 'hate' or 'scum' you are contributing to the problems we saw on tuesday but of course we all know that's what you want really.

Grecian Max

So that's what makes a good match is it max? Hatred?

Every time you use the words 'hate' or 'scum' you are contributing to the problems we saw on tuesday but of course we all know that's what you want really.
Yes, of course that's what I want ^o) Don't be nobber.

jmgull

Have you noticed that most of the decent few greeks on here have stayed well clear of these threads....

grecIAN Harris

my god there's some bitter little torquay supporters on here tonight
The sad things is they're trying really hard to convince themselves to believe the tripe they are spouting.

Ariel Manto

Gulls just don't undertand what a true Devon Derby is, the passion, the rivalry, the hatred, do you ?
Is it because only a small fraction of people in Torquay are actually from Devon?

Last edited:

jmgull

Is it because only a small fraction of people in Torquay are actually from Devon?
We're all over 65, scousers, jocks or brummies - how very perceptive of you.

On_The_Beach

Gulls just don't undertand what a true Devon Derby is,
Oh we do now thank you. It's about pubs getting trashed, women getting hit and coach windows being put through.

Ariel Manto

Maybe it's a bit of a cliche , mate. But in my experience Torquay's the sort of place where people want to move/escape to make a new start, and then they quickly realise that unfortunately their problems don't miraculously disappear as soon as they set foot in the English Riveria.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Lol those poor gulls are really upset now they finally have realised that we just don't care about them.

Too bad, maybe you can cultivate a rivalry with Yeovil town? You'll probably be playing them next year (assuming you don't get relegated again of course.)

Last edited: