• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gulls take note

devonderby

Fair play to the Gargs. When they equalised tonight they went absolutely mental. Very, very loud and energetic. I reluctantly turned to my mate and said "now that is how to celebrate a goal."

On the other hand I remember saying after you scored what turned out to be the winner on NYD a few seasons back "is that it?"

The difference is passion. They have it and we have it but you don't. Wrongly channeled it leads to the ugly scenes we saw tonight from the aptly named (much like our 'Big' Bank) 'Zoo' Corner but rightly focused it creates a quality atmosphere.
The atmosphere was quality (minus all the stupidity which I think has been given enough air time). I was walking through central park and hour before KO and could already hear both sets of fans inside the ground. Last time I heard that was against Watford in the FA CUP QF.

I have to be honest and say the group of City fans nearest us (mostly kids gobbing off who went very pale when it went off) made a fair bit of noise but between us scoring and you scoring the winner the Argyle fans drowned you out. I spoke to Chris Clark this morning when I was buying my Tranmere ticket and he said some of the Exeter players were loving the atmosphere (named Harley and Cureton) but he said some of them were visibly shaken.

All in all though you were the better team without a doubt - look forward to Dec 11th and hope it passes off peacefully!!.....and that the police don't **** around with the KO time too much. Always hated the early KO derbies in the 80s/90s!

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think some on here see it as confirmation that Argyle really hate City and that makes them feel all warm inside.
I think the numerours 'We Hat Exeter' chants etc confirmed that.

End of the day Torquay mean f*ck all to Devon football.

devonderby

Thats a bit harsh.....where else would Argyle send all our rejects???

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R-_h33ROHs

This is what I'm talking about.

On_The_Beach

he he, We Hat Exeter. I'd love to hat the whole of Exeter. i'd make you all wear dunces hats.

and Torquay means a lot to Devon football, ask all those other clubs around the country who have a great weekend in the riviera, don't have to stand on the sh*ttiest away end in the country and don't get beaten up by feral youths on the way out of the ground.

We ARE Devon football, it's the other two clubs that shame us all.

Grecian1987

he he, We Hat Exeter. I'd love to hat the whole of Exeter. i'd make you all wear dunces hats.

and Torquay means a lot to Devon football, ask all those other clubs around the country who have a great weekend in the riviera, don't have to stand on the sh*ttiest away end in the country and don't get beaten up by feral youths on the way out of the ground.

Of course they have a great weekend in Torquay, most of them leave with 3 points!

ForeverECFC

Very naive of you BFS.

I can think of four or five on here that were very pleased it kicked off last night.
im not gonna lie, add me to that list.

I found it entertaining

grecianfaniow

You inbred twit lol Torquay is so tinpot even the county's tourist magazine calls it a little town in south devon <titter>

You are tinpot football yeah

On_The_Beach

Does it fanny? Did you read that all by yourself?

grecianfaniow

No every single tourist that picked up one would have seen that not just me...