• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Grimsby Town v Exeter City 24/02/18

les.gtfc

It was a stroll along the Exmouth beach yesterday for City. So poor were Grimsby that Pym might as sat/stood in the away end with us. We didn't have to break sweat to gain those points, helped in huge measure by Grimsby fans giving their own team stick at every opportunity. Why should City have made much effort when none was required?
Told you it'd be your easiest 3 points of the season.

les.gtfc

Every local fan got half price tickets except the 148 fans who travelled 614 Miles and paid full price, Shame on Grimsby Town Football Club.
Apparently that was an EFL "Fans For The Future" initiative.

les.gtfc

It wasn't half price either. Adult tickets were £!2 rather than £18 or £20 although kids tickets were free.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Told you it'd be your easiest 3 points of the season.
Grimsby were unlucky Les. They didnt get the rub of the green, as the saying goes. There was nothing easy about those three points. As I said previously, with a little more composure from the front runners with shots blazing high and wide, they might have got something. There was very little in it, but City got the break from a penalty. Other than that I dont think we had a serious goal attempt on target, and your keeper (and ours) probably didnt need a shower after the game. Theres no doubting that Grimsby are beginning to look a little perilous at the bottom end of the league, but theres nothing a half decent new manager couldnt sort out to ensure your safety.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Northern Red

It wasn't half price either. Adult tickets were £!2 rather than £18 or £20 although kids tickets were free.

2 adults 2 children was £50 for City fans

2 adults 2 children was £24 for Grimsby fans which saved them £26 that's a lot

I call that Half Price and Grimsby should feel ashamed of themselves not giving the same deal to away fans who had traveled that far, shame on them.

denzel

Apparently that was an EFL "Fans For The Future" initiative.
No excuse not to offer away fans the same though.

I recall getting cheap tickets at Mansfield, Hartlepool and Charlton when they wanted to get more home fans in

We won those games too!

les.gtfc

2 adults 2 children was £50 for City fans

2 adults 2 children was £24 for Grimsby fans which saved them £26 that's a lot

I call that Half Price and Grimsby should feel ashamed of themselves not giving the same deal to away fans who had traveled that far, shame on them.
As I mentioned before, it was not a Grimsby Town initiative, it was an EFL promotion "Fans For The Future" to encourage more home fans to attend games. Going by the attendance it didn't work.

Last edited:

denzel

As I mentioned before, it was not a Grimsby Town initiative, it was an EFL promotion "Fans For The Future" to encourage more home fans to attend games. Going by the attendance it didn't work.
Why would the EFL want to help Grimsby over any other club? I don't recall this initiative at City.

les.gtfc

Why would the EFL want to help Grimsby over any other club? I don't recall this initiative at City.
Not sure, but that's how the offer was worded on our OS. I would assume that maybe each team can use the offer once on any game they want, but I agree, it could have been extended to away fans too.

Last edited: