• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Grimsby Town v Exeter City 24/02/18

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’d take dull 1-0 wins every game.
Well quite. We won, they lost - all this poorest side they’ve seen, there for the taking guff is just that: guff. If we were there for the taking then why didn’t they? I’ll take a supposedly undeserved away win that gets the home fans whining all day every day.

I’d take dull 1-0 wins every game.
It wasn't just dull LND but was littered with poor choices , lots of wayward passing and no creativity ( except for the 5 second build-up to our penalty ).....I've a

feeling things will be much more exciting come this Saturday.

Well quite. We won, they lost - all this poorest side they’ve seen, there for the taking guff is just that: guff. If we were there for the taking then why didn’t they? I’ll take a supposedly undeserved away win that gets the home fans whining all day every day.

poorest side they’ve seen, there for the taking ........they didn't say that though did they Ant if you read it again ?.......the gist was that we were ****e but they were more ****e.............I never like it when the opposition fans think were ****e, I much prefer it when they go home thankful they've just witnessed the classiest team in this league and jealous that our fans get to see this every week.

Antony Moxey

poorest side they’ve seen, there for the taking ........they didn't say that though did they Ant if you read it again ?.......the gist was that we were ****e but they were more ****e.............I never like it when the opposition fans think were ****e, I much prefer it when they go home thankful they've just witnessed the classiest team in this league and jealous that our fans get to see this every week.
Yeah, they pretty much did say that. Look at the quotes in post 257 from their forum.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It was a stroll along the Exmouth beach yesterday for City. So poor were Grimsby that Pym might as sat/stood in the away end with us. We didn't have to break sweat to gain those points, helped in huge measure by Grimsby fans giving their own team stick at every opportunity. Why should City have made much effort when none was required?

PeteUSA

It was a stroll along the Exmouth beach yesterday for City. So poor were Grimsby that Pym might as sat/stood in the away end with us. We didn't have to break sweat to gain those points, helped in huge measure by Grimsby fans giving their own team stick at every opportunity. Why should City have made much effort when none was required?
That last line takes the biscuit! "Why should City have made much effort when none was required?' You mean they have the ability to control a one goal lead and conserve energy all the way throughout a game? The fact is that anybody neutral watching that match would have had trouble understanding which team was the highest in the league. There was very little in it, and had Grimsby been a little more composed, one of those chances they blazed high and wide had gone in, things might have been very different. I think City are gee'd up by all the travelling faithful, but they haven't yet played collectively to suggest they'll wind up in the payoff zone; and as for 'the autos', not a chance, as far as I've seen so far?

Northern Red

Every local fan got half price tickets except the 148 fans who travelled 614 Miles and paid full price, Shame on Grimsby Town Football Club.

PeteUSA

Every local fan got half price tickets except the 148 fans who travelled 614 Miles and paid full price, Shame on Grimsby Town Football Club.
Thats lousy. I'm really thankful that those fans got to see a win at Grimsby. I'm sure their presense away makes a world of difference to the team.

IndoMike

No matter what the p*ssed off Grimsby fans said, they'd much rather be in our position than theirs.
There's no doubt that City have been more pragmatic this season : in my opinion it's a bloody miracle that we are where we are considering we've lost our great attacking force of Watkins, Wheeler and Reid. We aren't good enough to make a go of it in Div 1 at the moment but we do have some money floating around to strengthen and the stadium will be ready by the end of the year, so I really hope we can go up.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thats lousy.
dont know about grimsby being lousey:$, surely this breaches some consumer law ?