• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Grimsby prediction thread

D__Lo__

If Bogle's fit he could get a hatful. The pace in Grimsby's front-line will likely mean Tisdale sets us up deep which will lead to starting on the back foot and another lacklustre performance. Grimsby will be more street-wise, more physical and more clinical (sound familiar?) 1-3 Grimsby, only highlight will be Reid's first.

les.gtfc

Do you know how many you're likely to bring, Les? I've just seen that you have the second highest L2 away following so far this season.
Hard to say really. Our average is as high as it is at the minute as we took around 2500 to Notts County and 1600 to Mansfield but our average will drop sharply soon as we have Yeovil, Plymouth and Crawley coming up in our next 4 away games after Saturday.

I'd like to think we'll bring a good 400 or so on Saturday though.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Brilliant - I'd forgotten that one.
Now there's an ideal to help raise some funds for the GPS (or, even better, a "midfield enforcer"

1) Give Lion Saturday off
2) Compel Tagg or Tis to don the bear outfit instead
3) Have an Exeweb lottery for the pleasure of being the fisherman.

£1 a ticket - should raise thousands.

Alistair20000

Now there's an ideal to help raise some funds for the GPS (or, even better, a "midfield enforcer"

1) Give Lion Saturday off
2) Compel Tagg or Tis to don the bear outfit instead
3) Have an Exeweb lottery for the pleasure of being the fisherman.

£1 a ticket - should raise thousands.
Good commercial thinking here G2K (y) One small suggestion: let both of them take turns in the outfit and you will double ticket sales.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
.........and me too if I can get the straps undone from my straightjacket !!
Go for it Denzil - the sight that greets your eyes can't be any worse than that of the reindeer directly behind Rudolf. ;)

Kane238ECFC

Exeter 3-0 Grimsby. I hope we destroy them, this sets off a good run (hopefully). Reid hat trick

Att: 3,459 with 198 from Grimsby

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Exeter 3-0 Grimsby. I hope we destroy them, this sets off a good run (hopefully). Reid hat trick

Att: 3,459 with 198 from Grimsby
Strangely, despite my prediction of a loss earlier in the week, I agree with you. I have no idea why but as the week has gone on I have a growing feeling that we are about to tonk someone and perhaps that will be this weekend.

For that reason I'm changing my prediction from a 1-0 defeat to a 4-1 victory.

Reid x 2, Simpson (yes Simpson), and Stacey.

Att: 3319

malcolms

Strangely, despite my prediction of a loss earlier in the week, I agree with you. I have no idea why but as the week has gone on I have a growing feeling that we are about to tonk someone and perhaps that will be this weekend.

For that reason I'm changing my prediction from a 1-0 defeat to a 4-1 victory.

Reid x 2, Simpson (yes Simpson), and Stacey.

Att: 3319
I'm going for a win if only cos we have to win sometime.... However, if you think we are going to "tonk" anyone you must be sniffing the same stuff as Mr Fury

Antony Moxey

City to win making any protests look stupid. Of course after that City will revert to type and lose until another protest is mooted in half a dozen games' time. Apologists will cite the win as proof that Tisdale is the best manager available.

contrabombarde

I predict a 1-1 draw which will give the "tinters" a glimmer of hope and something to hold onto while the protesters have a dilemma in knowing what to do next.

'Tis thanks the 2832 supporters for their wonderful support amid audible shouts of "Tisdale out"