• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Grecian Player Price Increase

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
To be honest the whole 'community club' card, which keeps getting quoted all the time is becoming quite tiresome. What do the fans, that have stuck by the club, actually get back?? Poor service in the shop, having to buy tickets via ticketzone and get ripped off, having a £5 premium put on for last season's Devon derby game??
Not trying to whitewash but as regards ticketzone and getting 'ripped off' it's not true. Tickets are cheaper from there (by a quid). The only add on is £1 postage per order. If you buy more than 1 ticket you're saving money.

The club have absorbed cost to the fans by asking ticketzone not to add on booking fees.

Coolios

Not trying to whitewash but as regards ticketzone and getting 'ripped off' it's not true. Tickets are cheaper from there (by a quid). The only add on is £1 postage per order. If you buy more than 1 ticket you're saving money.

The club have absorbed cost to the fans by asking ticketzone not to add on booking fees.
Point taken, but it did become frustrating having to go through Ticketzone last season, baring in mind a club, like Torquay, can handle all their own ticketing arrangements without having to hand it over to another company.

It just frustrates me when people spout out the same old 'it's all ok, we own our football club,' rubbish..... The club play on this...... It's ok, our fans will bail us out mentality. Once they start treating us fans with a bit more respect, I may have a little more respect for them.

exeips

To be honest the whole 'community club' card, which keeps getting quoted all the time is becoming quite tiresome. What do the fans, that have stuck by the club, actually get back??
Surely you get back what goes on on the pitch,don't you? I can't speak for anyone else but the last 5 years have been fantastic & don't find it tiresome at all being a community club.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Community club, successful, what ever, But it's not really the point, which is that the club take the money, & please people dont cum bac with 'oh but they only earn v little', 'and its only ?? a day', 'I dont think they are interested', which is blatantly obvious But the point is its under their name, they promote it, sell it on their web site, and thus so far, from my own experiences and looking relatively at the site they provide a V poor service. This pre season as always I really hoped for an improvement, but so far it's not been good and IMO and from bitter experience it's just a taste of whats to come.
Ie missed KOs, wrong commentary games, NEVER covering the post match PT/club interview,the list can go on.
And official Exeter thanks for the reply but try to make the tone a little less patronizing, please try to remember I am a paying customer.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Bigsy interview up on Grecian Player.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bigsy interview up on Grecian Player.
Just listened to it and it about summed the whole service up, V V poor. Just to add, was looking at the Stevenage site, for directions ect ect and thought i'de just check what they had on their 'player', arguably a similar size club 2 us, and what do I find, the manager had given an interview, sometimes 2 every week for the past month or so, IMO no biggie, but it highlights the gap between a club committed and honouring their commitment and wanting to keep their fans informed and involved, and us,who on the evidence so far are really not committed and with token gestures, seem to think that they are doing us a favor by putting anything on there at all.

Last edited:

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Personally speaking, at less than a £1 a week, I find the benefits of Grecian Player far outweigh any minor perceived niggles ... [y]
Are minors allowed to have their niggles perceived?

ECFCjames

With regards to 007's comment about the Stevenage manager giving interviews on a regular basis, what is probably different between city and most other clubs is that alongside Grecian player we also have kellowsbootlaces which interview tis every week.

Ian Tarr

And official Exeter thanks for the reply but try to make the tone a little less patronizing, please try to remember I am a paying customer.
Where exactly was he patronising?

Coolios

Community club, successful, what ever, But it's not really the point, which is that the club take the money, & please people dont cum bac with 'oh but they only earn v little', 'and its only ?? a day', 'I dont think they are interested', which is blatantly obvious But the point is its under their name, they promote it, sell it on their web site, and thus so far, from my own experiences and looking relatively at the site they provide a V poor service.
This is on par with my comments I have made previously on this thread. This is exactly where people pull the whole 'but we're a community club' stuff, to cover up what actually boils down to poor service.

I personally have never had a problem with Grecian World, but I have had numerous problems when actually at St James Park. A few weeks ago I had to wait for the woman behind the counter in reception to finish what was clearly a personal phone call, before she even acknowledged me. Not even, an apology for keeping me waiting.

It's the same with the club shop. I have never, ever, anyway been made to feel so awkward about spending MY OWN money in the shop. The woman in there is rude and often unhelpful.

I'm pretty sure there are many at SJP who are actually VERY well paid for what they do, so I get pretty cheesed off with the weak and worrying standard response from people on here, about 'it's ok, we own our football club.' It's that mentality which means more and more are turning a blind eye to blatant bad service.

Apart from the half term/summer holiday football in the community roadshows, how often do you actually see the club out and about in the community?

If we are such a community based club, then why aren't there more incentives for younger supporters? Kids for a quid etc. Unfortunately, as a family, we are having to pick and chose the games we are going to, as we simply cannot afford to get to every game anymore.

But hey, we're a community club, so I guess what that actually means is no-one really cares!