• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Grecian Player Price Increase

I turn on the tv to get Collingwood vs Geelong! On a serious note, I think it is great to be able to gain access to other team's websites. Just prefer to get more updated content on Grecian Player for my club...hopefully this year. Won't lose any sleep over it though.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just been on the Swansea player site there have been 11 video interviews and match highlights in the last Month and on ours a big

ZERO, No biggie, but!!!

Well-known Exeweb poster
Turned Grecian player on again yesterday in the hope that GRecian player would be covering it, no chance!! fair enuf but It would be nice to be able to turn Grecian player on and feel like it was up to date. Sorry but it's just a crap service, and imo reflect's v v poorly on the club, and it's attitude towards fan's in 'exile' so much so In the future I will be reviewing ALL subscriptions, and that includes the trusts S/O.

DJH2005

I do get where you're coming from 007, but aren't you asking a bit much if you are expecting our GP to be on a par with the Swans or Derby equivalent? Yes, the City version could be better, but we just don't have the resources to throw behind it like other clubs do, and I suspect that in reality, City would prefer not to be tied in to the deal but rather run their own unique version of it, but of course I'm only guessing on the final part.

Coolios

No. Radio Devon wanted to provide unbiased commentary for both sets of fans and it made sense to dial into Torquay's Player as they were the host side so the system was set up like ours is at The Park.
My understanding was that BBC Radio Devon had nothing to do with the game.

OfficialECFC

My understanding was that BBC Radio Devon had nothing to do with the game.
It wasnt Radio Devon as such but the Radio Devon staff (Dave Saunders) who came down to commentate

Coolios

As for clubs mentioned as having a good service, they have around 3 or 4 people for every 1 person at ECFC who works on Player. And those people are often full time, rather than juggling it into their normal workload. But hey we are uniquely funded by the fans, so we'd rather that than some sugar daddy funding a big media department surely?

Also, who's to say there isn't some fantastic new content happening this season on GP that you haven't been told about yet? *

*I believe there is.
To be honest the whole 'community club' card, which keeps getting quoted all the time is becoming quite tiresome. What do the fans, that have stuck by the club, actually get back?? Poor service in the shop, having to buy tickets via ticketzone and get ripped off, having a £5 premium put on for last season's Devon derby game??

Well-known Exeweb poster
I do get where you're coming from 007, but aren't you asking a bit much if you are expecting our GP to be on a par with the Swans or Derby equivalent? Yes, the City version could be better, but we just don't have the resources to throw behind it like other clubs do, and I suspect that in reality, City would prefer not to be tied in to the deal but rather run their own unique version of it, but of course I'm only guessing on the final part.
Yes you could be right about city not wanting to be tied into the deal,and I dont expect them have the same wedge to flash about as a prem league club, but a basic UP TO date service giving an easy to access to information to PAYING members is, IMO, not to much to ask. The community owned club bit is wearing a bit thin 4 me, its very ok to use it for pr but when it comes to giving a service to it's members, sorry but, it's sadly lacking.

OfficialECFC

007 with the new campaign about to start I can guarantee you that there will be plenty of audio and video on the website all season long.

For example there are two new audio interviews on there this morning and more coming throughout this week.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Personally speaking, at less than a £1 a week, I find the benefits of Grecian Player far outweigh any minor perceived niggles ... [y]