• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Goal nets

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
The goal nets changed when the hoardings went up at the away end. I'd have thought the darker colour would have been better.
With out two great minds combining we must be right..

Stelios

The goal nets up until the 1970s at Blundell Park were made at the fishing port,when there was a large trawler fleet there(long gone I would imagine)

Off topic but there was a excellent article in the programme about the floodlights at Blundell Park,Installed in 1958.They were 2nd hand & came from Molineux,who were one of the pioneers of European floodlight football in 1953...They must be the oldest pylon type still in use.
Thanks for the info (y)

Those floodlights are magnificent. Proper old school "Subbuteo" style. How all floodlights should look!

PeteUSA

Shirley logically if the ball is a light color the net should be a darkish colour.
Those white nets are awful to see through for fans behind the goal. Smaller squares make it a lot worse.

IndoMike

Those white nets are awful to see through for fans behind the goal. Smaller squares make it a lot worse.
Agree entirely. They're too "white".

fred binneys head

Well if the only critics of the view from behind the goal are someone from America and someone from Indonesia then we’re doing ok. I want to know what Grecian2 thinks about the size of the holes.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Shouldn't that be " experts " instead of critics FBH ?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Well if the only critics of the view from behind the goal are someone from America and someone from Indonesia then we’re doing ok. I want to know what Grecian2 thinks about the size of the holes.
I think someone should find out how many holes there are in one of our goal nets. Any volunteers?

IndoMike

I didn't comment on the zize of the holes. I commented on the colour of the nets. I guess some of you have got holes where your brain should be.

Last edited:

fred binneys head

I didn’t mean to suggest that you’d commented on the zize of anything, I’m just looking forward to hearing what Grecian2 thinks.

Grecian2

I didn’t mean to suggest that you’d commented on the zize of anything, I’m just looking forward to hearing what Grecian2 thinks.
Squares are too small and the nets are too thick ;)