• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Glastonbury

CityTillIDie

apart from the ecfc flag I spotted ofcourse B-)

Stelios

apart from the ecfc flag I spotted ofcourse B-)
I always remember the Wolves flag in the 90s. Now there's millions of 'em (not Wolves flags, just flags in general).

Heard a very funny tale once by Stuart Maconie recalling the time Shakin' Stevens was doing the 'novelty act' set. Someone had literally brought along a front door from B&Q or something and was holding it for the whole set.

Shakey didn't play Green Door.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/luptonn/2625848717/

It’s a question that has vexed me for almost a decade. For whom did I feel more sympathy? The lads at Glastonbury 2008 who carried an actual wooden green door to the front of the crowd to hold aloft when Shakin’ Stevens played Green Door, only for the Welsh Elvis not to play the 1981 hit? Or for Shaky himself, for putting out lovingly-crafted albums of new music only for his audience to want the decades-old hits?

CityTillIDie

I always remember the Wolves flag in the 90s. Now there's millions of 'em (not Wolves flags, just flags in general).

Heard a very funny tale once by Stuart Maconie recalling the time Shakin' Stevens was doing the 'novelty act' set. Someone had literally brought along a front door from B&Q or something and was holding it for the whole set.

Shakey didn't play Green Door.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/luptonn/2625848717/
I like the flags and stuff like this, its brilliant (rofl) all a bit of banter

CityTillIDie

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Overpriced tickets for middle class twonks just so they can go back to their mundane office job and say they were there.

Reading Rock was a decent weekend to attend when there were good bands on stage , you know the sort of bands who actually play an instrument Sabbath, Stranglers, New Model Army, Jethro Tull and such.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Anyone remember Elephant Fare festivals in the mid 1980s ? They were somewhere in darkest Cornwall,loads of weekend hippies at those.

Best Festival i went to was The Milky Way Festival in 2000 in North Devon..Just went the one day but what a line up..Stranglers,SLF,Vibrators,The best tribute band I have seen Combat Rock who were the closest I have heard to The Clash live,plus The Jamm with Bruce Foxton...Not a bad day for £15.

Oldsmobile-88

I have been to Beautiful Days(about 10-15 years ago) a good set up & as already mentioned not too big,I was lucky enough to have access all areas pass(including back stage) because a good friend was DJ ing there & sorted one out for me..Sadly that perk was stopped by the organisers eventually.

Antony Moxey

You might want to review that one Olds. I know people who get passes from their mates who are performing like you used to.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Very impressed that Janet Jackson has chosen to wear a comedy Hitler 'tache for her set.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anyone remember Elephant Fare festivals in the mid 1980s ? They were somewhere in darkest Cornwall,loads of weekend hippies at those.
Olds, The Elephant Fare Festivals were held on the Port Elliot Estate in St Germans. The Earl of St Germans was a bit of a hippie himself. I lived across the valley, separated by his 2000 odd acres. The noise wasn't too popular with my neighbours. Ironically I met him at a planning enquiry after he complained about the noise from a nearby clay pigeon shooting club!