• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Glastonbury

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Stormzy was outstanding last night, absolutely brilliant. You grandads can stick to ELO if you want.

Avening Posse

used to go every year back in the day, best festival in the world, I may not know many of the bands these days, but not falling into the trap of not knowing such and such and therefore assuming they are s__t, bet it's still full on these days

CityTillIDie

What? He was killing it.
Was brilliant

Alistair20000

Stormzy was outstanding last night, absolutely brilliant. You grandads can stick to ELO if you want.
You youngsters (facepalm) That was a steaming pile of turd. On a par with the “distressed jeans” that you spunk your cash on.

All that said I am an open minded sort of grandad so I will give you a chance. In what way was it absolutely brilliant ? Please show detailed workings.

Meanwhile I will fire up the gramophone and listen to something tasteful and which meets the definition of music.

Last edited:

CityTillIDie

You youngsters (facepalm) That was a steaming pile of turd. On a par with the “distressed jeans” that you spunk your cash on.

All that said I am an open minded sort of grandad so I will give you a chance. In what way was it absolutely brilliant ? Please show detailed workings.

Meanwhile I will fire up the gramophone and listen to something tasteful and which meets the definition of music.
Those jeans are shocking mate don’t think you’d find many people who like stormzy wearing that sort of nonsense!
And music is music it’s all opinion, you don’t need detailed workings the blokes headlining glasto ffs

Alistair20000

Those jeans are shocking mate don’t think you’d find many people who like stormzy wearing that sort of nonsense!
And music is music it’s all opinion, you don’t need detailed workings the blokes headlining glasto ffs
I agree it’s all about opinion but the fact that he is “heading Glasto” does not necessarily mean it is any good. Plenty of other mediocre acts there.

CityTillIDie

I agree it’s all about opinion but the fact that he is “heading Glasto” does not necessarily mean it is any good. Plenty of other mediocre acts there.
Yea fair enough, one day the grandads will be rooting for music along the lines of what stormzy does and all the ‘youngsters’ will be into something different. I’m sure some of the records you play were considered nonsense when they first became popular, just how it goes.

Alistair20000

Yea fair enough, one day the grandads will be rooting for music along the lines of what stormzy does and all the ‘youngsters’ will be into something different. I’m sure some of the records you play were considered nonsense when they first became popular, just how it goes.
You probably have a point :)

IndoMike

That's how it is. I was just listening to Dreams by Fleetwood Mac and realized what a square I was.

Stelios

There’s nothing to ‘get’, it’s just a festival, not some profound life changing period of enlightenment. For me there are too many people which means I’ll never go. I’m not not ‘getting’ anything.
I don't 'get it' myself but I think for some people it really is more than 'just another festival'. I've never been but I think it's hard to comprehend just how big it is. A lot of people don't go anywhere near the main stage for 99% of their time.

I was amused by a Paul Simon interview a few years ago after he performed there. The interviewer was desperate to get him to open up about his "Glastonbury Experience TM" and he basically said he had a nice time but he play hundreds of shows every year and this wasn't particularly different (rofl) Don't think you're supposed to say that

Agree about the feckin' flags too (n)

Last edited: