• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Getting our view across

There appear to be widely different views on how to let the club hierarchy know the strength of feeling long since debated on this site.
Some advocate staying away but unfortunately any loss of revenue hits the club as a whole and could see player releases/sales etc.
I'm inviting people to comment on the following idea which if taken up might send a strong visual message to Tisdale and his band of supporters.

At the Argyle game and bearing in mind the importance of the number 9 to us why don't we all just turn our backs on the action for a minute starting in the 9th minute of the game.
That way would not hurt those who really want to come along and support the team against our traditional foe down the A38 and were perhaps thinking of staying away as a protest (would Tis really notice or care about some empty spaces?
This form of visual protest could of course continue right through the season both home and away and could well be picked up by the media if enough city supporters could go along with it.
If for some strange reason City score during the protest then it could continue after the celebrations have died down!
Thoughts?

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Some advocate staying away but unfortunately any loss of revenue hits the club as a whole and could see player releases/sales etc.
The idea with a boycott is to send a message to the club that the money that pays inflated salaries could be seriously affected. I think what you suggest would be extremely difficult to impliment. I also dont think fans standing with their backs to the action would influence the club one bit when you've already paid your admission money to get in.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Everyone turning their backs on Tisdale when he walks out at kick off?

manc grecian

Lash a load of tennis balls on the pitch to stop the game. Added bonus of hitting that goalie with some.

jack101

How about if we get a couple of hundred #TisdaleOut A4 sheets printed and all go in the grandstand and take our positions close to the dug out.

The photographers can snap a nice photo of him with 200 banners in the background

We need to make a scene, 500 people not turning up isn't going to be noticed by anyone other than the gates committee.

Last edited:
How about if we get a couple of hundred #TisdaleOut A4 sheets printed and all go in the grandstand and take our positions close to the dug out.

The photographers can snap a nice photo of him with 200 banners in the background

We need to make a scene, 500 people not turning up isn't going to be noticed by anyone other than the gates committee.
At last someone with the sense to nous to realise that we need to create an opportunity or set of opportunities so that even the tame media down here will pick up on it and do some of the work for us.

cityregular

Reading the artical in WMN today (Tuesday) Is Tisdale the wrong man to blame?
Is he (reading between the lines) being held back by TAGG etc. & this policy of youth
all the time when he knows he wants experience?

cityregular

Incidentally where is Mr Perryman in all this terrible mess?

Terryhall

I like the idea of turning our backs on the game - very clearly gets the message across that home performances need to improve.

Less a fan of the A4 sheet, mainly because although it probably would get the attention of the media, it may not be in the way we would want, could be open to ridicule if the posters are not good quality for example - think about the Chelsea / Rafa A4 posters, for example - as an outsider, my recollection is that most other clubs and the media thought it was a bit ridiculous and laughed it off - definitely not the image we would want to portray.

I like the idea of turning our backs on the game - very clearly gets the message across that home performances need to improve.

Less a fan of the A4 sheet, mainly because although it probably would get the attention of the media, it may not be in the way we would want, could be open to ridicule if the posters are not good quality for example - think about the Chelsea / Rafa A4 posters, for example - as an outsider, my recollection is that most other clubs and the media thought it was a bit ridiculous and laughed it off - definitely not the image we would want to portray.
I suppose I'm teaching my grandmother to suck eggs as I didn't stress strongly enough the symbolic importance of the 9th minute-Stanno was a 100% guy who ran his heart out for the club and did not deserve what happened to him.
Contrast his commitment with the apparent malaise and inaction behind the scenes -in fact if the idea is taken up the Stanno song could also be sung during the 180 degree protest!
I know inertia on this thread will probably rule the day but even if just a few pick up on it others (once they understand what it means) will follow in later games both home and away.
We don't need to be beholden to the media we just need them to report on what they see i.e. the beginning of a fan protest movement.
We are gentle souls generally here in the SW so ranting and raving either in or outside the ground may not be our chosen way of doing things.