• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Getting a beer

Boyo

I think the unit costs of the cups would probably be high. I think each contains a magnet. No idea how re-usable they are.

I think something like this would work better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLHhKLdAjx4

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
15 pints in 40 seconds or so is pretty quick ... That is until

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xmnp3aVGyGc lol

the magnet things aren't apparently reuseable don't quite know why though ?

I'll have a few before I get to SJP then get my runner to get the jugs in before we arrive.

Last edited:

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2018/august/grecianale/

New Grecian Ale, brewed by St Austell, available from FECRACE.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Those autopilers don't have magnets in them, it's literally a coated circle of cardboard. Thats it. Saw one of these for the first time at a pub showing of an England game. I'd imagine the cups are definitely reusable, as you just drop another bit of cardboard in. Fiddle too much with the cardboard though...

arthur

Nothing infuriates me more than waiting for a beer and somebody orders a skinnymochachoccachino that takes ages to get it sorted ......... If you want a coffee use the bloody Kenniford farm thing.
Please don't. The wait for my sausage and bacon roll is long enough already.

On the subject of bar logistics (or lack of) I have fond memories of a marquee at Yeovil a few years ago where the bitter was £3 per pint. I ordered and was served 3 pints, at which point the woman serving walked to the till some 20 yards away, waited her turn and then came back to me and said "that'll be £9 please". I have her £10 which necessitated another round trip to the till and her giving me £1 back. The queue at the bar was four deep along its whole length - can't think why...

Oldsmobile-88

On the subject of bar logistics (or lack of) I have fond memories of a marquee at Yeovil a few years ago where the bitter was £3 per pint. I ordered and was served 3 pints, at which point the woman serving walked to the till some 20 yards away, waited her turn and then came back to me and said "that'll be £9 please". I have her £10 which necessitated another round trip to the till and her giving me £1 back. The queue at the bar was four deep along its whole length - can't think why...
Went in there once,never again..A good place to go if you want to cut down on ale consumption..You will only get served the once in about 2 hours..

iscalad

The Arrow is the way forward.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
The Arrow is the way forward.
Not tonight its full of Aston Villa a mate just sent me a video looks fairly busy.

That tent thing at Yeovil was quite funny I ordered about 5 pints took the first 3 over to where we were stood went back to get the other 2 and the woman started serving someone else asked her for 2 more and only charged me for 2 pints .. Result.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
These are the beers that will be in the real ale var on Saturday for the visit of Newport County

• Exeter City Football Club's Grecian Ale @ 4.1%
  • Hanlons Brewery's Yellow Hammer @ 4.2%
  • Belhaven Brewery's 80 Shillings @ 3.9%
  • Bath Ales Summer Hare @ 3.9%

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

Such a shame. It should be perfect. That pub near the Kassam with the tent bar is great.