• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Getting a beer

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Always use FECRACE myself. Best bar in football that one!
With the St Anne’s Well temporary closed & King Billy permanently shut,I had my pre match drink
at that bar,excellent quick service,plus superb ales sampled..

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
When the weathers good and its busy its too difficult to get a pint at the ground. I like to have 2 pints of San Miguel before the game and yesterday I had to drink real ale as the queue for the real ale bar is always smaller. I went gor the Yellow Hammer which was decent, but its not San Miguel.

Grecian2K

Just as well Manc wasn't after some rice win. That would have involved the FECSAKE.

Matt Russell

I went for the Yellow Hammer which was decent, but its not San Miguel.
FECRACE love a discerning palate.

ECFC89

Good range at the Ale Bar I thought. And cheaper than my local once you bring the glass back ! Good addition for the last couple of years.

David Treharne

Whats the general catering like these days? We've come a long way since we were stuck with that bunch who I believe were originally appointed by R&L? That could be wrong, but the location under the OG was terrible. (puke)

Red square (or whatever it's going to be called now that the décor has been changed) provides a good choice of basic food from a food bar provided by Kenniford Farm. Would agree that the bar outside can be slow but at least on days like yesterday it provides an alternative to being in the St James Centre, which as Olds has pointed out elsewhere serves good beer, but can get incredibly hot when its crowded. You can get pasties and pies at the FECRACE bar, but as with the real ales they can often run out before the post match period. Quite what the provision will be in NOG is eagerly contemplated. The in ground catering is best described as "adequate" but again, according to the guy who sits next to me in the Doble (or whatever its called this month) prone to sell out of things (especially pasties) early. Dunno whether this answers the question or not Pete, but a lot of the catering is done in-house. If you haven't to Exeter in a while, Sidwell Street provides the widest possible range of snacks with everything from KFC and Domino's through to not half bad Thai food outlet, and there are more to come.

iscalad

When the weathers good and its busy its too difficult to get a pint at the ground. I like to have 2 pints of San Miguel before the game and yesterday I had to drink real ale as the queue for the real ale bar is always smaller. I went gor the Yellow Hammer which was decent, but its not San Miguel.
And thank goodness for that.

ps I do drink San Miguel when in Spain. Can't get ale, you see.

Mr Jinx

I have to agree. The service at the bar outside on Saturday coming up to kick off was comically slow. Only two bar staff on and the lady, as nice as she was, had a chat with many as she served as if there wasn't a 30 person queue behind them. They're missing a trick on missed takings there. I'm sure loads must've weighed up their options and either gave up or not bothered.

Boyo

I have to agree. The service at the bar outside on Saturday coming up to kick off was comically slow. Only two bar staff on and the lady, as nice as she was, had a chat with many as she served as if there wasn't a 30 person queue behind them. They're missing a trick on missed takings there. I'm sure loads must've weighed up their options and either gave up or not bothered.
The problem with the bar outside is that there is too much choice. If there was one lager, one ale and one cider you could have someone continuously pouring pints and other people serving. At the Chiefs they have the ability to pour 4 pints simultaneously for a single tap, with a single operator.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Good range at the Ale Bar I thought. And cheaper than my local once you bring the glass back ! Good addition for the last couple of years.
But they put the price up again. It's volunteer run and should be cheaper than the main bar.

Nice pint of Stumblebee from South Hams brewery.