• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

GENERAL ELECTION 2019

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
If that's true, Melanie Onn's pro Brexit stance has done her the world of good then. Maybe the same will happen to Caroline Flint...
It’ll be her party’s stance that done for her art.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Good question.
From my recollection the Corbyn surge was fairly late on in 2017, which goes against my point that they need to get a move on I know. A few marked differences this time around though, there’s no insipid TM this time and BJ is a formidable campaigner in comparison. There’s a keenly felt Brexit anger borne out of the last 3 years of political stasis. Corbyn is no longer the unknown quantity and his popularity ratings are dire.
The Corbyn surge in 2017 came the day we released our manifesto.

That said, most people didn't believe how close it would end up even on the day, although Yougov's RRP (or whatever the initials are - the one where they did constituency modelling based on large national samples) had been pointing to a close fight for a couple of weeks prior to the vote.

arthur

You'd think Labour would have secured the domain "labourmanifesto.co.uk"...!

iscalad

For five of those years their hands were tied by the LibDems. And most of the remaining 4 years were taken up by Brexit (or lack thereof).
Hilarious rubbish

DB9

Amazing the difference in fundraising for this election, Tories in the first week alone raised over £5.5m, Their nearest was the Lib Dems at £275k and Labour was behind TBP at £218.5k

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Amazing the difference in fundraising for this election, Tories in the first week alone raised over £5.5m, Their nearest was the Lib Dems at £275k and Labour was behind TBP at £218.5k
This was "declared" fundraising, small individual donations could paint a different picture.

DB9

This was "declared" fundraising, small individual donations could paint a different picture.
Isn't it £7.5k or under that doesn't have to be declared? I'm sure any donations to the other parties will still get no where near the Tories total, That is one hell of a lead in donations

tavyred

Any Corbyn supporting Labourite on here employed in the private sector care to comment why Magic Grandpa should give me and the Missus a joint £3.5K boost in our salaries next year? :)

DB9

Any Corbyn supporting Labourite on here employed in the private sector care to comment why Magic Grandpa should give me and the Missus a joint £3.5K boost in our salaries next year? :)
I'm not in that sector but you've made me curious,
What sector are you and your good lady in?

Grecian2K

Because you're WORTH it Tavers old bean, because you're worth it!
(Curious to see your workings out of this alleged "fact" though)