• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gate Prices 2014-2015

Silver fox

Very well known Exeweb poster
The club is a shambles, no one at the top has any kind of idea.

Make it cheaper than it currently is and throw in some incentives to spend more in the ground. Buy one drink, get one half price, or some kind of meal deal on pasty and drink etc.

It isn't that hard, just don't over-complicate things. A large % of fans want to decide whether they go to the game or not near the actual day (or on it). Some will be in their local football is cancelled, some will be weather related, some will be to get out of the house and away from the missus and kids for a one-off. Not everyone will want to book in advance and those not doing so will feel penilised by this.
Spot on,and the shambles bit.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Plus....as long as they let people like me buy a discount ticket for a fiver online and then stroll in with no ID then they'll always lose cash. Time for them to get smart.

Saint James

I'm not Guy. Did I say I was?

Last post from rowbotahm8990 says it all. Wasn't going to come but the £3 saving worked for him. That very reaction has to be engendered to all ECFC followers. 'Pay on the day is ingrained'. Well that has to change and that alone is a flawed strategy.

And just dropping the prices per se is pure commercial suicide.

Get supporters to commit in advance, secure data, communicate predominantly online and offer discounts via that channel. The vast majority will find a way to go online if the carrot is big enough.

And this then becomes a long term strategy NOT based on whether there's just been a good run of games or not, whether the ref gave a penalty or not or if there was enough meat in your half time pie.
Perhaps Guy it would be better to have done the basics of business first by running these crazy pricing ideas through a focus group. For example, attending one evening with the NDG's or EDG's would have given you all the feedback you needed to think again. The problem now is that you have dug yourself an almighty hole that I fail to see how anyone with knowledge of football couldn't have recognised. It's no use bemoaning in 6 months that fans haven't 'bought into' a new style/culture of paying for their football when the product bears no resemblance to T20 at Somerset. I buy my tickets in advance for T20 at Taunton as I know if I don't I stand little chance of getting a seat where I want it. At SJP we have huge under used capacity in the BB which is already priced lower than the rest. Why is it under used? Because fans have by and large wanted to have a seat in the two stands side onto the pitch. Cutting the prices on the BB and hiking up the prices WILL NOT lead to people moving to the BB but WILL lead to some/many of us either not renewing a seated ST or the floaters becoming fewer as POTD is too expensive. Those are the facts.

Last edited:

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think the seniors category should pay the highest ammount!

Most of them have more money than your 30 year old who has 2 young kids.

The 'older' people I know have a lot more disposable income than I do!

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
You can't know many 'older' people then Snoop! You try existing on the bleddy government's idea of a 'pension'!

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Basic prices should be:

Adult: £15
Senior: £10
Student/U18: £5

Extra £2.50 for the OG, £5 for Flybe.

Simple.

Redporky21

Ask the question why, on the face of it, have gate prices gone up so much? Three key reasons;

1. Better value for Season Ticket Holders
2. More opportunity to discount back for advance purchase
3. Advance purchase delivers data

Equally this doesn't make the 'Up to 9 games free' statement misleading. It's simply that paying on the day will be the most expensive way to watch football at SJP and Season Tickets the lowest cost with buying matchday tickets in advance somewhere in between.
Cant agree with this! I recieved my season ticket renewal the other day and straight away i thought i would be getting '9 games free' NOT 'up to 9 games free' because that is not what my renewal letter, that was addressed to me, says! I have checked and double checked. The only place it says 'up to 9 games free' is on the envelope which would be printed in mass.

I think what the club has done is completely misleading for season ticket holders and im pretty sure the office of fair trading would be interested.

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
One thing this does prove is what a difference it makes to be Trust owned, as opposed to privately owned where the owner may disregard fans completely..... Oh.

SezLez

'

That point is extremely pertinent if you look at what the new CEO implemented at Somerset CCC and is the complete opposite of the previous post.

Ask the question why, on the face of it, have gate prices gone up so much? Three key reasons;

1. Better value for Season Ticket Holders
2. More opportunity to discount back for advance purchase
3. Advance purchase delivers data
1. How can I be getting better value when my season ticket price has risen from £258 to £290 for the same number of games?

2. I agree that this does give the club more scope to discount prices but that assumes that people are happy to buy tickets in advance and online.

3. It does but a lot of people are not happy to have their data shared in this way.

I still believe that the club are misleading me by saying in my letter "9 Games Free for 2014-15!" and not up to 9 games free. All this is trying to con us into thinking that we have a good deal much the same as the supermarkets doing BOGOF after increasing the prices. Haven't they had the knuckles wrapped for this? Also the Internet service providers were reprimanded for advertising "up to 20Mbits" but delivering much less. I will only get 9 games free if the gate prices are not discounted which Guy has already confirmed will be the case. We might come from Devon but we aren't stupid Guy!

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Basic prices should be:

Adult: £15
Senior: £10
Student/U18: £5

Extra £2.50 for the OG, £5 for Flybe.

Simple.
Simple. To the point. Easy to understand. Bargain prices.

They'll never ever go for it.