• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Game Off

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Trouble is if its that cold then could be off again due to walkways, lets just hope met office is right.
I think we'd have to have some serious ice and maybe some snow for that to be an issue. Surely the club could salt the walkways in advance just in case.

IIRC the Port Vale temperatures were lower than now.

Thing is the forecast can change so rapidly so we won't have a decent idea as to whether the game will be in doubt until Friday IMO

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Actually I probably won't get there at all. I even took today off work (partly because I just wanted a day off and partly because it made it easier for me to get there). I know that I have 2 and a quarter hours to get there but working in Sidmouth adds another 20-30 minutes onto the journey from Exeter and rush hour up the M5 and into Bristol plus finding a place to park isn't that quick a journey and I certainly won't have time to collect someone to share fuel costs. The upshot is that I probably won't bother, it's possible to get there in time but the extra half hour would have made it much more viable.
That's your fault for working in Sidmouth c*ck.

chrisnaan

It's actually not that cold in north Bristol at the moment, grass outside work isnt frozen either. (less than 2 miles from the Rovers ground)
In the centre of Bristol it about 3C outside. No snow either.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
pictures shown on ssn suggested it was pretty frozen solid, definately didn't look good and doubt it was playable yesterday.

Steve Moran2

Can't say I'm surprised given the mickey mouse nature of Bristol Rovers. Walked across a park near the ground lunchtime - not frozen in the slightest and there has been a big thaw today - the very light dusting of snow there was had melted by about 11.
I would guess that the rugby game on Saturday cut the pitch up - which then froze and they've not been able to do anything about this since cos up until today it has been too hard. Ironically - any pitch in the area except that one would have been perfectly playable tonight.
This might work in our favour if there is a nice flat surface come next week!!

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's your fault for working in Sidmouth c*ck.
Perhaps, although not really my fault that I got made redundant and could only find work in Sidmouth

Grecian_Jay

Perhaps, although not really my fault that I got made redundant and could only find work in Sidmouth
Come on c*ck you don't want to work in Sidmouth end of.

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
Come on c*ck you don't want to work in Sidmouth end of.
I can think of worse places to work. And it don't snow much.

Last edited:

FAN-TATIC

Trouble is if its that cold then could be off again due to walkways, lets just hope met office is right. Am surprised Bristol Rovers don't have covers themselves.
They do, saw them on TV report. They just can't cope with elongated sub zero temps

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
In the centre of Bristol it about 3C outside. No snow either.

Meanwhile in Swindon about 40 miles south east of you, we've a thinnish capet of snow, it's freezing, and I've just witnessed a black merc with French plates slam into the back of a jag parked in a Foresters restaurant car park, and drive off without stopping. French git.