• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Free Public Transport for All

Terryhall

Apropos MP wages (perhaps this is better on the GE thread but it's covered a few posts ago here) - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46467828

Early Bath

Elgin, a tram from St Thomas to Blackboy Road on a Saturday would be a delight!
Back in the day, when I lived in Alphington St. you could catch a "football special" from Exe Bridges to the Odeon in Sidwell St. and return after the match. Can't recall the fare, but probably just a few pence.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
It wouldn't have cost very much, EB. I remember (c 1960) that I would travel from Alphington Street up to Summer Lane, Whipton, to visit my Grandma, for which the fare would be tuppence ha'penny!

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Would that have been a Greyhound Bus?

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Only when I was on it.

tom_ecfc

Wasn’t quite sure where to put this but this was the only ‘Public Transport’ thread.

Co Cars and Co Bikes stopped trading after getting into financial difficulties when demand for its services dropped and it couldn't cover it costs.

Not sure how many fans used Co Bikes to get to SJP or in general around the City, but another blow to the traffic problems we encounter trying to get to and from SJP.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Wasn’t quite sure where to put this but this was the only ‘Public Transport’ thread.

Co Cars and Co Bikes stopped trading after getting into financial difficulties when demand for its services dropped and it couldn't cover it costs.

Not sure how many fans used Co Bikes to get to SJP or in general around the City, but another blow to the traffic problems we encounter trying to get to and from SJP.
Bring back the trams :)

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Bring back the trams :)
Loved trams me, especially when we lived in Berlin.