• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

Bridgy 81

They were released at the end of the 2021/22 season.
Eli played for Wellington in the Western League last season. He was also dual registered with Bideford and played a couple of games for them in Southern League Div 1. On Saturday he was on the bench for Tiverton which was the first time I've noticed him this season.
Zeph also played for Wellington last season usually as a sub. Not seen any sign of him anywhere this season.
That was a shame because before Archie left I’d hoped we would have had a midfield of Collins, Collins and Collins at some point.

InMyBlood

Colchester got thrashed 5-0 at the Vegans today without Jay. More results like that and it will be the manager who is "on his bike" !
"Things haven't clicked for Jay" says Garner but clearly they haven't for the manager either.
A player who was part of a promotion winning squad not even a sub in a squad at the bottom end of league 2 doesn't seem the greatest idea to me.

dontpassback

Garner wasn’t up to it at Charlton and it doesn’t look any different at Colchester,Matt jay could wait until he has gone,or go to another league two club where he will be more valued

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
"Things haven't clicked for Jay" says Garner but clearly they haven't for the manager either.
A player who was part of a promotion winning squad not even a sub in a squad at the bottom end of league 2 doesn't seem the greatest idea to me.
Is it just me or does that scream 'I just don't fancy him as a player'?

Colesman Ballz

Is it just me or does that scream 'I just don't fancy him as a player'?
Screams to me as someone out of his depth and looking for any excuse under the sun in order to justify himself !

They were released at the end of the 2021/22 season.
Eli played for Wellington in the Western League last season. He was also dual registered with Bideford and played a couple of games for them in Southern League Div 1. On Saturday he was on the bench for Tiverton which was the first time I've noticed him this season.
Zeph also played for Wellington last season usually as a sub. Not seen any sign of him anywhere this season.
He’s at Street

Spoonz Red E

He’s at Street
As recorded in the Collins Street Directory. :cool:

Grecianman135

Garner wasn’t up to it at Charlton and it doesn’t look any different at Colchester,Matt jay could wait until he has gone,or go to another league two club where he will be more valued
Can see Jay dropping again to be honest maybe he'll join the city retirement home at Eastleigh??

Such a shame for him :(

andrew p long

Can see Jay dropping again to be honest maybe he'll join the city retirement home at Eastleigh??

Such a shame for him :(
Bit of a tricky position. MJ presumably on a decent wage - on a 2.5 year contract that has 21 months to run

There's financial security for that tome where he is, but of course he will want to play. Will he get a good enough offer to leave? Looks like the sort of situation that often results in a loan move somewhere.

fred binneys head

Looks like the sort of situation that often results in a loan move somewhere.
Which is a difficult situation for a young couple who have just upped sticks to the other side of the country with their first baby.