• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I reckon he will be released end of season, hasn't crept into the Albion squad and being loaned out
He's still only 19 (20 next month) and I think he still has at least another year on his contract, so he might have time on his side as far as WBA are concerned. That's why it will be interesting.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah but....I suppose, o'Shea is also 20 and Edwards 21 yet Wilson isn't even in the U23's. From the Baggies website he signed a twelve month contract extension in 2018, so who knows when his contract is up, good one to watch

I am still hopeful of his once a grecian always a grecian quote reemerging in the not too distant future, particularly if we get promoted and to give good competition to Pierce, also after having a season of experience in League one

andrew p long

Yeah but....I suppose, o'Shea is also 20 and Edwards 21 yet Wilson isn't even in the U23's. From the Baggies website he signed a twelve month contract extension in 2018, so who knows when his contract is up, good one to watch

I am still hopeful of his once a grecian always a grecian quote reemerging in the not too distant future, particularly if we get promoted and to give good competition to Pierce, also after having a season of experience in League one
I also think that Kane is well suited to the wing back role and therefore to the principal system we have been using this season.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I also think that Kane is well suited to the wing back role and therefore to the principal system we have been using this season.
He would be the ideal replacement for Williams when he departs at the end of the season.

budegrecian

He would be the ideal replacement for Williams when he departs at the end of the season.
When or if Martin? You're usually fairly accurate on these calls, so I take it you know something most of us don't.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
When or if Martin? You're usually fairly accurate on these calls, so I take it you know something most of us don't.
I would be amazed if he were here next season. His contract is running down and the juggernaut is catching us. I can see us cashing in, even if it means a hefty wedge going to Watford.

budegrecian

I would be amazed if he were here next season. His contract is running down and the juggernaut is catching us. I can see us cashing in, even if it means a hefty wedge going to Watford.
Thanks Martin. You know better than me but I'm hoping that if we go up we may have a chance of keeping him. Maybe that's just wishful thinking. I believe that, as part of the deal that enabled us to get him for nothing, Watford are on 50% of any transfer fee.

Banksy

Thanks Martin. You know better than me but I'm hoping that if we go up we may have a chance of keeping him. Maybe that's just wishful thinking. I believe that, as part of the deal that enabled us to get him for nothing, Watford are on 50% of any transfer fee.
So what would he be worth now I wonder?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
So what would he be worth now I wonder?
I believe at the end of the season he has 1 year left on his contract. At the expiry of his contract he will be over 24 and therefore we wont be entitled to any compensation under the Bosman ruling. On this basis, I would suggest we would get between £750k to £1m in May, with a hefty wedge going to Watford (I believe the rumour is 40%).

benjisheps

I believe at the end of the season he has 1 year left on his contract. At the expiry of his contract he will be over 24 and therefore we wont be entitled to any compensation under the Bosman ruling. On this basis, I would suggest we would get between £750k to £1m in May, with a hefty wedge going to Watford (I believe the rumour is 40%).
did I see from the club board though Martin that the set budget is now able to be in place for the next two seasons so 2020-21 and 2021-2022?
Again I totally agree that this isn’t sustainable and we need a long term plan of how the club is going to operate moving forward.
obviously Brentford and Ollie Watkins will play a massive part in how we hold off this ‘juggernaut’!