• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Football Manager

T

Tizzy'sBarmyArmy

I must admit i am very apprehensive about this game because i have always been totally addicted to Champ Manager 2001/2002 and then the last 2 just didn't live upto the billing so am some what apprehensive that Football Manager will just be another disappointment but it sounds like you guys have become addicted to it.

Did you or were you at any stage addicted to Champ Man 2001/2002 and how does it compare to that?

A massive part of the game for me is the Data Editor so is this one like the one in Champ Man 2001/2002. Its not for cheating purposes its simply because i enjoy keeping the game as upto date as possible so like to put in every transfer possible that i can find.

Also i have a 512mb computer so was wondering how it would run on there as the last 2 have been very slow hence me reverting back to CM 01/02. Also how quick and easy is the Editor to use?

Ebs

The editor is very simple, and yeah i am a fan of the editor. the city team i started with had ibe, buckle and jones in the squad after a bit of tinkering.

J

joey

I 'eard that, 'stretcher!

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ebs

Have to say that "Reality" & "Fantasy" have truly (& somewhat scarily) coincided here.
Well done though. Must be an ExeWeb first :shock: . A Footy-Sim story about playing MU "promoted to the TWoWS "First Team!" :shock: :shock:

My own FM ECFC Adventure has become (DELIBERATELY) stalled.
"Out the box" I used the time to get to "know" my ECFC heroes/set training/play a good number of Friendlies.
From these a small number of (MINOR) matchplay issues persuaded me to wait for the (inevitable :wink: ) patch before starting my season proper.
Got four games in (not too bad really: Won 2 Drew 2) but then real life kicked in and, although the game is poised and ready for my fifth fixture against Canvey Island.
Whether its superstiton, or just concern that I can only be but a humble shadow compared with AI's achievements so far I'm still just afraid to hit that Continue button.

Guess I'll just have to wait for normality to return....and hold my breath for that predicted Carlisle play-off final :lol: (hope it is, coz Hereford don't seem to like us for some reason :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: )

PS: £Stretcher: Llama Rule No 1: NO NAMING! :lol:

Poundstretcher

Chalk1e said:
I always knew that one day I would play for City in the premiership...

...Is this player in the game from the beginning or does he get promoted from the youth team some way into the game?
You Welsh then? ;) I *think* he's a Liverpool youth player at the start - he's my record signing for the massive sum of £1,000,000...

I was always a huge 01/02 fan (preferred it to CM4), but this takes all previous incarnations and defecates from a great height. If you stick to English leagues, it's not too slow at all (I've a 512 system and managed a season in 8 hours [yes, back to back, what do you mean students are layabouts?]), and the editor's fine.

Bugger Llama, it's my team :p

Chalk1e

Well-known Exeweb poster
When I get my Laptop back i'll have too look him up...Try and get him early on the cheap.

I've played every incarnation of this game from the beginning except CM2 and this version is quick becoming my favourite.

Frith

MmMm, Football Manager! I am of course an addict.

I tend to play as City and Arsenal (as I support both). Still in my first season, after starting again when the patch came out. I'm just off the play offs with City... loaned Steve Adams from the Green Scum, and sent Martin packing back to Scumland. Bazza is a demon pen taker, as in real life!

:p

--------
Carlos
--------

Chalk1e

Well-known Exeweb poster
Chalk1e said:
When I get my Laptop back i'll have too look him up...Try and get him early on the cheap.

I've played every incarnation of this game from the beginning except CM2 and this version is quick becoming my favourite.
Still no Laptop and i'm suffering terrible withdrawal symptoms at the moment.

Dobley

A little late as I meant to post this when this thread first started, but if anyone is particularly interested in a tad more authenticity for their FMing, I've got a graphic for the Centenery kit here.

All you need to do is unzip the folder and copy the "config" and "exeter third" files into your FM folder under C:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/FM2005/data/graphics/pictures/kits/clubs/eng/conference. (If you dont know how Windows Folder Trees work, you will by the end of this! :) )

Also in the .zip is an alternate club badge as the one in the game by default really ****** me off for some reason. This one just needs to sit in data/graphics/pictures/clubs/eng/conference.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Sadly my laptop is currently out of action as far as games are concerned due to the lens on the CD drive not working (and 2 days out of warranty - typical!). I'll get it fixed as soon as I can afford it.

I first got really hooked on CM with the 99/00 edition, then got 01/02 and enjoyed that, although it was a bit too easy financially. CM4 went the other way in that no matter what you did you found yourself getting into financial trouble. Finally, 03/04 ironed out a lot of the bugs and was far better than CM4, when the CD Drive finally packed up completely I was in Div 1 (alongside Arsenal, who we beat in my first Div 1 season!). David Fox was my midfield lynchpin and Izale McLeod (currently MK Dons) was banging 'em in up front, although I still had a few players left over from City, can't remember who.

I'm consoling myself at the mo by playing the 6-month FM demo AGAIN.