• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Football Manager

Chalk1e

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jason H said:
Sadly my laptop is currently out of action as far as games are concerned due to the lens on the CD drive not working (and 2 days out of warranty - typical!). I'll get it fixed as soon as I can afford it.
I got my Laptop back yesterday....It still isn't working though :aggravat: .

Grecian_Harryj

What manager game is this

Grecian_Harryj

I must admit i am very apprehensive about this game because i have always been totally addicted to Champ Manager 2001/2002 and then the last 2 just didn't live upto the billing so am some what apprehensive that Football Manager will just be another disappointment but it sounds like you guys have become addicted to it.

Did you or were you at any stage addicted to Champ Man 2001/2002 and how does it compare to that?

A massive part of the game for me is the Data Editor so is this one like the one in Champ Man 2001/2002. Its not for cheating purposes its simply because i enjoy keeping the game as upto date as possible so like to put in every transfer possible that i can find.

Also i have a 512mb computer so was wondering how it would run on there as the last 2 have been very slow hence me reverting back to CM 01/02. Also how quick and easy is the Editor to use?
loved 01/02 but the best one has to be 04/05,(championship manager 5) is defo the best and you said three and four did not live up to that expectation, and your right but 5 is a corker

Last edited:

mmmcheese

i got cm2 and cm4 i go through stages of playing ill play for like 2 weeks then i wont play for ages think its coz im a bad loser

have the new ones changed much compared with cm4 or is it just the players and teams?

Last edited:

ECFC TOM

I'm currently City on FM 07. Stansfield and Phillips are up front and scoring plenty. I'm 3rd in the Conference and in Febuary. I'm so sad I even called myself Sir Paul Tisdale......

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm normally City on Footy Manager 08, got to League One after 2 successive promotions, was all set to be sacked whilst in League 1 as I was some way off the pace at the bottom, but the chairmen had a change of heart and recently offered me a new 2 year deal until 2012.

ECFC TOM

And I suppose you told the chairman/women to stick it up their arse.

Joshyd123

And I suppose you told the chairman/women to stick it up their arse.
No because they gave me financial backing to win automatic promotion from League 2 :D

ECFC TOM

No because they gave me financial backing to win automatic promotion from League 2 :D
The pressures on. If you fail I will be hurling abuse at you and calling for you head (not literally) whilst stood on the Big Bank :)

LOG

Started a new game at the weekend as City. Got promoted in the second season, winning the play off final on penalties.

Tully left at the end of last season after not signing a new contract. This was down to what was described as personal problems, but being respectful i didn't ask him for details. His customary cheeky smile wasn't seen for several months.

Logie is currently deeply unhappy.