• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Football manager 2010

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
How long does it take on average to complete a season? I.e. hours playing time? My big complaint about FM as opposed to Fifa Manager is that it takes so much longer to actually achieve anything.

mammooman

Depends what type of season you're doing, that doesnt really make sense I know, but you could do a season with a higher profile club with cash, make some signings then let the player quality do the rest. So for that I would say 3/4 hours.

or, a lower league club, spending hours scouting, arranging different tactical setups for different scenarios, time dedicated to training schedules etc. Sometimes I can spend a combined 'playing time' of several hours before the season has actually started.

I'm in my 4th season now and my game time is over 50 hours, how much of this is really been played and how much is just where I've left the laptop on when I've gone out etc.

AlphaDevil2

I've just checked my Brentford game, in my second season, and I'm in my 3rd day of play allready!!! Although I am a slow player and will sacrifice my computer speed for more leagues and a huge DB.

Plus I play while surfing the net so I am not always playing the game even if it is on

Last edited:

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ok my next question on my quest to decide whether it is worth buying or not...

Have they added a kind of list of achievements screen? I know they have your profile where it says how many leagues, cups etc won, but what I want is a simple page saying this is what I've won and this is who I won it with. I really enjoy starting with a lower league team and working my way up to be a premiership manager and this would be a great way to look at my achievements. I can't see that it would be that hard to add...

AlphaDevil2

No they haven't got a clear page where you can go and see your achievements, you can still only see this in your history etc.

What I would like to see in future versions is the manager to actually have a biography, like the players do in this version which lists where you have managed and what you have won.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah that would be great. I don't understand why it hasn't been added. FIFAM has sort of got it, however it only shows premier league/league cup/fa cup/international competitions. Then when you move to another club it wipes it, which is bloody annoying and it doesn't show non-english leagues/cups.

I've saved the data editor but when I launch my game it won't load?
Anyone know what the problem is?

SGF

If you use the editor you need to start a new game for it to be included.

thats what ive done wont work after

mammooman

Anyone know how you can get a new stadium with ECFC? I'm in the Prem, season 15/16, SJP is 20,000 all seater under Prem rules. I am at full capacity each week but the council won't grant the club permission to expand the stadium, no room apparently.

Once the bank balance gets to a certain point will the board consider building a new stadium? How does the game go about it? Does your reputation have to be a certain level?

Of course, in real life I would never want away from SJP, but I'm finding it very hard to operate at a profit on 20,000 gates in the Premier League.