• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Football manager 2010

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
No idea mate, have you checked up on the editor? It may be that you would need enough money in the bak to buy a new ground and, because you're skint, they keep you stuck at SJP.

It may be worth asking on the forums at SI.

AlphaDevil2

The board decides if and when you need a new stadium, but you also need to have the finances to match. I don't believe it has anything to do with reputation.

You have to consider a stadium can cost up to 300 milion, although some of that can be offset by loans and sponsorship deals.

Looking forward to one day to building Moxey Arena!

I still have not got into my Exeter City game yet, still trundling slowly with my Brentford game, just started a new season, up to my eyeballs in loans which will inevitably lead to debt and I'm struggling to make ends meet. The joys of lower league football. Even my board have given up hop with my task, to just enjoy the experience of league 2.

mammooman

I found the lower leagues stupidly easy with city, I think it's just the way I set up and exploiting weaknesses in the lower leagues, for example pace.

My two wide men in both Leagues 1 and the Champ were not particulary good, not even getting above a rating of 7 that often, but the pace drew the center back across then my forward 3 would often be up against only 1 center back and a trailing full back. Ok, I shipped a few, but when you're scoring 120 goals a season you couldnt give a to55.

Just completed a season in the Prem getting 20,000 at SJP each match, before that the capacity was 20,000 but could only get 16,500 due to terracing restrictions, I'm hoping that a bank loan or similar can fund a new stadium, or at least bribe the council! I believe the increase in revenue from the increased capacity would offset the loan and there is little danger of dropping down the leagues as many of my 'star' players are 25 or younger.

Oh well, we'll see how it goes!

angelic upstart

I think the wingers have a sort of new attribute system this year, so, for example Aaron Lennon looks rubbish but his acceleration and pace mean that he's actually really good. I'd imagine the same with Walcott et al.

Alpha Devil will explain it better but you get the jist of it.

AlphaDevil2

Although AU is incorrect about there being a new attribute system, although the weightings may have been altered slightly, the gist is right.

Things like pace, acceleration, balance, dribbling and crossing are all important to wingers. A player may be poor in other areas and look pretty carp, but if these skills are good then they will impress. Pace and acceleration are important in quite a few position TBH and are quite heavily weighted and so can eat up CA points etc. Ofcourse there are hidden attributes that need to be considered such as consistency.

TBH mammooman, I've found that speedy wingers in previous versions would destroy lower league oppositions, if they would run and get beyond the Full backs and draw a centre back accross to cover, then we would do well.

In this years demo and such I was playing a 4-5-1/4-3-3, with 2 wingers and a complete forward and we were doing well in the premireship (I was Fulham) and I nearly won the league with Willand rovers using the same tactic. The tactic your using is pretty brave and I agree that it is easier to play the AI by using wingers and such, however I don't think this is an issue with just this version.

Last edited:

mammooman

Quick update, finished second in the Prem, 4pts behind L'pool, bank balance up to £30m....then sods law...

AlphaDevil2

Exeter Stadium....what an ispirational name :S

Mark Cordell

Any Updates guys??

My computer was on the blink but am back on it now.

Joshyd123

Got the full game on Boxing Day and started off with Exeter, did absolutely shocking and got sacked following a 6-0 loss to Colchester with the club in 22nd and certainties for the drop, before Steve Bull came in and guaranteed survival on the last day of the season.

Got offered a job with Gillingham at the end of May, started planning signings and what not, before Leeds came in and offered me a job in the middle of June, took that and am now 2nd in League 1 after 12 league games unbeaten, with Beckford, Harewood, Dindane and Yaya Sanogo banging in the goals for me. Incidentally, Exeter are bottom having only managed 1 point so far..

Last edited:

angelic upstart

I've just got the 10.2 update thanks to Steam, it has stopped the game crashing every few games which is only a good thing.

A tip for anyone starting a season at a Prem club, buy Mats Rits from Germinal Beerschot at the beginning of the game, he becomes immense :)

Oh and anyone can buy players over 48 months and it wont take away from your transfer budget, it's a bit of a cheat, but it is helpful. Incidentally, you have to offer £0 and pay the whole cost over 48 months.