• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fleetwood is coming to Exeter!

greenawayr

I don't think you can take those goals against D+R as the norm for Fleets. He admitted himself he rarely scores goals outside the penalty area and those were his best goals yet.

Whether of course this means he's more confident when playing for City, I'm not sure.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
i love the look of macca logie and fleets
I do agree we did play that partnership a couple of times and it changed the game complete

rifraf

We are certainly struggling up front at the moment with striking options, what with injuries and a red card for 'blimey'. I'm just thinking how many goals we are scoring in open play recently, including our last PSF at FGR. We need patience for now I guess whilst Tis sorts it out. Just hope it doesn't go on too long. Still believe we have one of the strongest City squads for 20 odd years now. Wont be happy 'til Fleetwood arrives though.

slavic exile

I don't think you can take those goals against D+R as the norm for Fleets. He admitted himself he rarely scores goals outside the penalty area
Better than our current strike force, who rarely score goals from outside the 6 yard area!! ;)

I saw many of his goals for FGR, back in the days of Blue Square Premier Review on Friday evenings at 6pm. I agree with you, greenawayr, that he is more of a fox-in-the-box type. I also agree with you that the goals against D & R were exceptional and very hard to replicate. However, he still scored a number from positions from where I just don't think our current strikers are capable of striking more than about once a season, if that (i.e. a normal shot from the edge of the penalty area, for example).

grecianfaniow

Fleetwood maybe not all that, but what he will bring is team spirit, the guy is loved by the players along with other non playing staff and alot of us fans!

So if he does come back, fully signed on or on a season loan, he will bring enthusiasm and a few more goals [G]

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
i'm abit worried he played for them last night. hopefully they just gave some fringe players a go, if he is in the 18 and features for league games then he's far less likely to come to us imo.

happygrecian

Bumped into a physio this morning who worked at Forest Green for 3 years and claims to know Stuart quite well. He says that Stuart will definately be coming to Exeter and even suggested he'd be playing this afternoon!

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
No Fleetwood Im afraid:

ECFC TEAM SHEET

27 Paul Jones
2 Steve Tully
3 Richard Duffy
4 Alex Russell
6 Matt Taylor
7 Ryan Harley
14 Berti Cozic
16 Marcus Stewart
22 Liam Sercombe
29 Troy Archibald-Henville
31 James Norwood

Subs:

1 Andy Marriott
10 Craig McAllister
15 Rob Edwards
18 Neil Saunders
20 Richard Logan
26 Scot Bennett
28 Joe Burnell

NORWICH TEAM SHEET

31 Ben Alnwick
3 Adam Drury
4 Matt Gill
9 Grant Holt
11 Simon Whaley
12 Gary Doherty
14 Wes Hoolahan
15 Michael Spillane
17 Tom Adeyemi
27 Cody McDonald
33 Jens Berthel Askou

Subs:

1 Michael Theoklitos
7 Owain Tudor Jones
8 Stephen Hughes
10 Jamie Cureton
16 Chris Martin
18 Paul MvVeigh
19 Simon Lappin

Last edited:
Fleetwood was an unused sub for Charlton today , without him they have won their first two league games .

LiloBoii-ECFC

Fleetwood was an unused sub for Charlton today , without him they have won their first two league games .
Maybe that suggests they don't need him, therefore, can we have him, please? :D