• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fleetwood fan in peace

JUANTAYLOS

Thanks to all the tips people, much appreciated (y). Notes made of the best suggestions. We're coming down tomorrow, so will have tomorrow night to get a feel of the city centre pubs etc. No doubt will make an appearance at your club bar too. I take it they show footy on the telly in there?

Silver fox

Very well known Exeweb poster
yes they do, plenty of Tv's in there Pal.

PeteUSA

Dont forget to go to the Ship Inn in Martins Lane. You can almost hear Sir Francis Drake hatching up his plans, before going across the road to Mols Coffee House for his daily dose of Maxwell House.

Heres me trying to point him towards historical Exeter, and you other buggers are taking the p*ss!

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
20 minutes? You having a laugh? Blimey you can tell you've not walked it for a year or 2 Pate. 10 minute walk at the most.

(facepalm)
Though it's the same distance as it was in Pete's day! ;-)

PeteUSA

I was allowing the gentleman time to peruse the various upper end shops in the Odeon vicinity.

STURTZ

Don't go in the Vic. It's a nice pub but there's often a weird scotch fella in there.
Probably wise, he looks harmless enough but was actually the model for Irving Welsh's "Begby" in Trainspotting.

ECFC traveller

Ignore Pate, as you will notice from his profile he lives in the US and so knows **** all about modern Exeter. The ground guide is solid, and the Ship is an awful pub.

The Black Horse is ok for sport but it is Greene King.
I think Pete was spot on with his suggestions tbh. And the ship is a decent pub.

butch

I was allowing the gentleman time to peruse the various upper end shops in the Odeon vicinity.
Ha ha, their int none. They are all take-a-ways. All very historical to, some of the chips are a week old.