• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

first day challenge

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
We will take more to Leeds than we took to Rotherham.
One less I reckon.

EYEBALL119

tickets will be about £26+

wrekin

Hate to be a pedant about the West Brom game but it wasnt the first game after the Championship season, it was the year after and was Bally's first game in charge. Also, we didnt fill the away end because they didnt open it (was terracing behind the goal in those days, where the away seats are today) instead they allocated us about 1,000 ish seats on the side. We did fill that though!

Herschel

RIP Stanno, City Legend never to be forgotten
Will Trust Members get a ticket first?

Who do I need to email?

Will there be a singing block?

etc, etc. ;)

GRECIAN72

On a hill,with a view of SJP from my window
Hate to be a pedant about the West Brom game but it wasnt the first game after the Championship season, it was the year after and was Bally's first game in charge. Also, we didnt fill the away end because they didnt open it (was terracing behind the goal in those days, where the away seats are today) instead they allocated us about 1,000 ish seats on the side. We did fill that though!
Your right mate,the old memory not quite the same,we filled the top left hand corner of the stand,although im sure it was more than a thousand,the Baggie fans clapped the City fans after the game cos we made so much noise,cracking day,can't wait for many more to come bring on Aug 8th,UTC.

Last edited:

United09

I reckon you lot will take 600-800 no more.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I reckon you lot will take 600-800 no more.
That my friend is TESTYCLES :D

United09

That my friend is TESTYCLES :D
I shall hold you to that;)

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I shall hold you to that;)
Don't you be holding nothing! :-O

Red the Paper

Banned
Leeds fan here ("in peace" as they say)

your club will usually be offered 2 allocations, 1,700 in the corner or the south stand. The way Ken Bates runs the club, he will tell your officials that they must buy the whole allocation from us whether you sell the tickets or not. This usually ends up with the smaller clubs refusing the larger allocation in case they get stuck with the bill for unfilled seats.
Good business sense from Bates.

City will take the smaller allocation and rightly so IMO.

It is the summer holidays and we won't take more than 1700 on 8th August