• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FGR (Vegans) Vs Exeter City Match Day Thread

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
This is turning into a great season and long may it continue UTC

Pobbop

Managers don't really read these boards do they?
no they don't , reading some of the rubbish on here would be pointless, may do it for a laff though I suppose.

Anyway let's not get diverted from a really solid win. As others have said injuries are our main worry, but it's the same for everyone.

Wouldn't shock me if there was a bid for Collins or Williams in the window, unless it's silly money hope we do a firm NO, so they won't get distracted. We have cash, promotion is priority, and that will lead to more dosh.

IndoMike

Cheshire cheese

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It did not look like any deflection for the goal,I was in the main stand & the view I had,it was perfectly place & looked a goal as soon as he made contact.
It was just strange that the keeper made no attempt to save it.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Randall has played every minute of our xmas games and was still pushing on at the end today, he deserves a lot of credit for his ability to roll his sleeves up and work hard when it's needed.
Can't fault his effort but looked like he was running on fumes by the end. If I was the manager I'd be packing him off for a week's holiday for some well-deserved 'r' and 'r.'

PeteUSA

Youtube Highlights:

PeteUSA

It was just strange that the keeper made no attempt to save it.

I agree, it looks like something changed the course of that shot from outside of the area. Defenders appeared to lunge and stretch for the shot, and I'm thinking there was a minimal defelection which left the keeper flat-footed and stranded. Nobody knows for sure of course, but speculating is all good jolly fun isnt it?

IndoMike

No deflection: Atangana's shot was firm and true.
Looked like a dive by their player for the penalty, but can't be sure.
Atangana's red was harsh. Don't think he went in to hurt the opponent, who in fact was indeed not hurt. Yellow.

Looked to me that the ref was giving FGR a little bit of a hand (subconsciously).
But nobody cares if the refs are shyte in Div 2. Choosing a ref from Devon is bound to work against City, but we get that fat piece of lard the Butcherman more than once per season and now another Devon ref. These blokes are no better than pub refs. Even in the EPL several are shyte.
Great win for City. We mean business.

Corey

I don’t know if the term ‘xG’ means anything to anyone on here...? It basically shows the quality of chances created. Anyway this graph shows we had the two chances at the beginning, the goal and when Law hit the bar, and nothing else throughout the whole game.

Timps58

Nigel's sending off in my view should be appealed, but dare say the "powers that be" will not overturn.
It strikes me the real problem is that the ref made an instant decision. I think had he thought about it, there would just have been a yellow.
Only watching on Ifollow, but it looked to me he was even going to change his mind.
This was far from a dive in, studs bearing, career threatening challenge, but a tall player intending to go for the ball, yes leg up a bit, and clumsy, but no more than that.